Associate Scientist II Analytical Chemist
This individual must independently generate accurate, reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner and demonstrate strong data interpretation skills. The individual must be highly motivated and possess a fundamental understanding of analytical chemistry with the ability to quickly learn and apply various analytical techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy and wet chemical techniques.
- Planning and perform routine tasks competently and independently within a timely fashion, and generate reliable and consistent results.
- Documentation of experimental activities and results in a GMP compliant fashion using an electronic data acquisition and management systems.
- Analyze and critique results, noting significant deviations from the expected results.
- Troubleshoot experiments and instrumentation.
- Learn and understand new experimental techniques with a curiosity to apply them for unique project / assignment requirements.
- Demonstrate skill in multiple techniques and appropriately modify protocols, as required, to suit the changing needs of research or development sciences.
- Place data in proper scientific context by consulting and citing relevant literature.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in his/her field, preferentially in the analytical areas of quantitative and instrumental analysis.
- Impact projects predominantly through lab and/or pilot plant based activities.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, GxP compliance, and animal care where applicable.
*Grade level will be based on education & years of experience*
- Bachelor's Degree in chemistry, analytical chemistry, or equivalent education, with typically 3 or more years' experience or Master's Degree or equivalent education (no additional experience required.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge (in chromatography and / or spectroscopy is highly preferred) to carry out job function.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled