Senior Manager, Switch Behavioral Science
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Manager, Switch Behavioral Science, are to:
- Develop and manage the consumer insights development plan for assigned Rx-to-OTC (Over the Counter) Switch products including determining required investment, roll-out timeline with key milestones and identification and resolution of switch development program key issues;
- Identify and anticipate potential obstacles for assigned switch products and ensure comprehensive issues management plan is in place to address strategic hurdles to achieve regulatory approval and commercial success;
- Develop, implement and evaluate all market research as it relates to gathering consumer insights related to product positioning, claims testing, package testing, habits and practices, strategic fit within the organization and volume potential of assigned switch candidate to get it ready for an OTC launch;
- Working in collaboration with Behavioral Science Director and Switch co-leads, develop protocols, execute and analyze all aspects of non-drug consumer studies, specifically label comprehension and self-selection studies for assigned projects;
- Serve as an active member of the switch team contributing to the development of the Drug Facts label, designing and implementing appropriate switch development consumer insights plan, helping to establish overall switch strategy and incorporating this strategy into FDA Briefing documents as well as the New Drug Application and, if appropriate, working with team to coordinate a successful FDA Advisory Committee meeting;
- If drug studies are required, work in close collaboration with Research and Development Switch counterparts to assist in development of protocols, execute and analyze studies, specifically actual use studies;
- When appropriate, present findings of studies to FDA and/or an Advisory Committee and be able to defend/explain/elaborate on all results;
- Maintain current knowledge of trends in the OTC industry, focusing on identifying and evaluating potential switch candidates outside of Bayer. For all external candidates, assist with the internal review, analysis and approval process for opportunities, as well as providing input for value and financial impact of alternatives.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- BS/BA degree;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in all aspects of consumer and market research studies; specific emphasis on working with Clinical Research Organizations (CRO's) on the design, execution and evaluation of label comprehension, self-selection studies and actual use studies is desired;
- Strong strategic thinking ("big picture" vision) with proven analytical capabilities;
- Needs to have well-rounded business experience with strong general management skills and market research experience preferably with OTC drugs;
- Well organized; can readily coordinate and direct complex projects toward defined goals;
- Capable of interacting with senior management with sufficient experience to understand and discuss complex business issues; able to quickly define problems and issues;
- Collaborative leadership style, ability to manage large, complex projects with ability to gain alignment across multiple stakeholders with potentially diverging set of interests;
- Precise and concise communication skills and able to work across diverse cultures;
- Proven networking and partnering skills;
- High energy level; hands-on person willing to do the detail work.
- Graduate degree;
- Experience in establishing appropriate mitigation protocols and executing these mitigation efforts;
- Working knowledge of regulatory, experience working with regulatory body agencies (i.e. FDA, Health Canada, MHRA, etc.)
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States