Research Associate II
Research Associate II plays an important role in the company’s scientific and clinical programs. This position requires the ability to work with little supervision to independently perform experiments, troubleshoot problems, analyze results, and use critical thinking in order to obtain reliable and reproducible data and accomplish goals. Ability to multitask and good time management skills are essential.
This Research Associate is responsible for developing and optimizing cell-based assays to characterize the Company’s cell therapy products. He or she is also involved in the research related to Mechanism of Action studies.
PRIMARY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently perform a variety of routine and non-routine research assignments and experiments and assists with lab maintenance responsibilities.
- Coordinate and carry out cellular or molecular biology experiments with minimal supervision of senior research staff.
- Develop, optimize and perform in vitro cell-based and biochemical assays.
- Perform qRT-PCR, immunological bioassays, FACS analysis, immunohistochemistry experiments, or ELISAs as needed.
- Record and evaluate data in an organized lab notebook in timely basis.
- Independently analyze data including statistical analysis and interpret and present results to the supervisor and to the group.
- Monitor scientific literature and confer with lab members regarding new experiments and procedures.
- Provide supervision, training, and assistance to others when needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Master’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Biotechnology or Immunology.
- At least three years laboratory research experience with at least 2 years of experience with culturing mammalian cells, preferably of various origin.
- Demonstrated research experience in using cell biology and/or molecular biology methods and multi-parametric assays, experience with FACS and immunological methods.
- Experience with histological immunostaining and image analysis are a plus.
- Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work as a team member.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects with timely follow-through.
- Passion, curiosity, and initiative toward conducting basic research to support mechanism of action studies.
- Autonomous, self-starter interested to grow and progress in their career via delivering results; comfortable working in a changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Key attributes: problem solver, creative, positive mental attitude, direct, good sense of humor.
- A quick study with good written and verbal communications and professional presentation skills and demeanor.
- An outstanding work ethic, high-integrity, team player attitude.