Clinical Laboratory Scientist
California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS)/CGMBS, Full Time
We are looking for talented and energetic CLS/CGMBS licensed applicants looking to quickly learn and expand their experiences with Next Generation Sequencing platforms. This position is a full time, permanent position in San Francisco.
- Applicants must hold a current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) or Clinical Genetic and Molecular Biology Scientist (CGMBS) license, or must meet all qualifications for immediate
- application for this license
- Experience in a CLIA certified laboratory, minimum 1 year
- Excellent laboratory skills and aptitude
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to think critically about complex issues.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging and highly diverse team environment
- Experience in Molecular testing
- Experience with nucleic acid extraction, PCR, sequencing, and/or next generation sequencing
- Working knowledge of laboratory functions (ex. LIS, LIMS, Quality, etc.)
- Accurately perform molecular testing using various molecular biological techniques
- Conduct daily quantitative and qualitative assessment of molecular data generated during the course of testing
- Carry out QC/QA activities as part of the company’s Quality program and commitment to patient safety
- Participate in a variety of essential laboratory activities, including reagent qualification, inventory management, procedure writing, inspection preparation, assay validation, and equipment maintenance
- Support accessioning operations of clinical samples
- Work schedule may be modified to meet operational requirements, applicants must have flexibility in scheduling.
- Health and Dental Plan with premiums fully covered by company
- Catered Lunches and Gym Memberships
- Professional development opportunities including attending and presenting at conferences and workshops
- Easy transportation options with access to Muni and shuttles to BART and Caltrain
- Experience & Qualifications