Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Cancer Immunotherapy
Nkarta Therapeutics, Inc.is a private biotech start-up that is harnessing the power of Natural Killer cells in developing next generation cellular immunotherapies for cancer. NK cells play a key role in the body’s immune system, able to identify and kill abnormal cells by monitoring their expression of activating and inhibitory receptors and recruit the adaptive immune system.
Nkarta will combine its NK expansion platform with further proprietary cell engineering technologies to build differentiated products designed to tackle challenging diseases with significant unmet clinical need.
We are currently offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated researcher to join our team with experience in immune, in vivo, cellular and cancer biology.
Nkarta is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented, and collaborative RA/SRA to join our growing in vivo biology group to perform IND-enabling pre-clinical studies on novel cell therapies for cancer. This individual will work in collaboration with other members of Nkarta’s R&D team to execute studies to elucidate therapeutic mechanism of action, pharmacokinetics, and biodistribution. Responsibilities include designing and conducting experiments incorporating cellular expansion and engineering, in vitro cell-based functional assays, and ex-vivo immune cells phenotype, and functional analyses of immune subsets in both mouse and human systems. S/he will be responsible for data analysis, thorough documentation of work, and clear communication of results in group settings. The successful candidate will have deep knowledge and experience in immunology and different xenograft tumor mouse models, with extensive hands-on experience characterizing phenotype of tumor infiltrating lymphocytes and/or cell-based therapeutics. Prior experience with cell-based therapies in a drug development or production setting is highly desirable.
- BS or MS in cell biology, immunology, or related field with 3-5 years of laboratory or industry experience.
- Strong background in immunology, with an excellent understanding of T or NK cell biology, and experience working with primary NK or T cell is required.
- Experience with primary cell culture is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in laboratory techniques including multi-color flow cytometry, cytokine analysis, cytotoxicity assays, etc., and the ability to adopt new laboratory skills is required.
- Ability to work independently and to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines.
- Ability to think critically and creatively is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communication skills are required.
- Self-motivated with a dedicated work ethic.
Nkarta offers a creative, team-oriented scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package.