Associate Scientist / Scientist, Cell Culture Process Development
Allakos Inc. is a dynamic clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing first-in-class antibody-based therapeutics to treat allergic and inflammatory diseases.
The company is seeking to recruit an Associate Scientist / Scientist, Cell Culture Process Development to join our expanding team. The scope of the position and requirements are described below.
The Associate Scientist / Scientist is responsible for cell culture process development of recombinant proteins. This person will have the primary responsibility for performing studies using the ambr250 automated bioreactor system and associated cell culture equipment. The successful candidate effectively plans and executes experiments and clearly communicates the results through presentations and internal reports. This person will also perform tech transfer and manufacturing oversight of CMOs. This person will work closely with Purification Process Development, Analytical Development, and Quality Assurance. This position may be involved in supporting cell line development activities. The position reports to the Associate Director, Cell Line Development and Cell Culture Process Development.
- Design and execute cell culture process development and characterization experiments for clinical and commercial-scale production using ambr250 bioreactors as a scaled-down model
- Perform studies on the inoculum expansion process and harvest filtration
- Utilize Design of Experiments methodology
- Transfer processes to contract manufacturing sites
- Provide person-in-plant (PIP) support for critical manufacturing operations
- Maintain clearly written and well-organized lab notebooks
- Prepare internal reports
- Analyze and present results in meetings
- Interact with Purification Process Development, Analytical Development, and Quality Assurance teams
- Associate Scientist: B.S./M.S. in Chemical Engineering, life sciences or relevant field with 4 years of relevant industry experience for B.S. and 2 years for M.S.
- Scientist: B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, life sciences or relevant field with 7 years of relevant industry experience for B.S., 5 years for M.S., and 0 years for Ph.D.
- Must have hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture process development
- Proficiency with the ambr250 automated bioreactor system is preferred
- Familiarity with statistical design of experiment (DoE) is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with technical transfer to Pilot and GMP manufacturing is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Ability to effectively prioritize and demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality results on tight timelines
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and willingness to work in a dynamic and changing corporate environment
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants please submit your resume.
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.