Research Associate - Organic Chemistry
WAVE Life Sciences USA seeks an experienced and highly motivated synthetic organic chemist to join its research team in Cambridge, Massachusetts. This is an ideal position for an individual who would thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced biotech environment. The candidate will be responsible for planning, designing and executing multi-step organic synthesis, including purification and compound characterization. Collaboration with colleagues across disciplines, participation in project team meetings, and contribution toward creative problem solving are all encouraged. Prior experience in industry is preferred.
- Work collaboratively and respectfully as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Under general supervision, perform multi-step organic synthesis, using state of the art scientific equipment
- Design and execute experiments in a highly organized and safe manner
- Diligent upkeep of records of experimental details and data in accordance with company policy.
- Present results clearly in both written and oral format
Education / Experience:
- BS + 5 years or MS + 2 years in chemistry, with hands-on, relevant laboratory based research experience in synthetic organic chemistry
- Familiar with modern chromatographic techniques (HPLC, UPLC), automated flash chromatography and analytical techniques (NMR, LCMS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with large scale synthesis operations and equipment
- Knowledge of the principles of medicinal chemistry