Clinical Development Customer Experience Consultant
Are you seeking a career that makes a difference in the world? Are you a proven leader and have the ability to focus on contending priorities? Do you have experience working in clinical research? If so, we have the role for you.
The Clinical Development Organization (CDO), a division of Lilly Research Laboratories, partners with Medical colleagues in Research, Oncology, Biomedicines, and Diabetes to effectively and efficiently design, plan and execute clinical trials across all phases of research. Uniting experts in clinical development and design, laboratory and data sciences, site engagement, and trial capabilities, the CDO focuses on participants, patients, and investigators to deliver novel designs and innovative research approaches. Our focus on excellence in bringing these capabilities together and providing diverse career opportunities within global clinical development has established Lilly as an industry leader in bringing new medicines to patients.
In this role, your primary responsibility will be to ensure that the voice of patients and research professionals are represented on clinical programs and trial designs. You will participate in the development of the programs to make certain the designs provide positive customer experiences.
Sound interesting to you? Read on to find out more responsibilities of this role:
- Connect Clinical Development Design Teams with patients and research professionals to get feedback and input into clinical programs and trial designs
- Implement Design Thinking methods in the identification and development of solutions for clinical programs and trial designs, as well as foundational CDO platforms and systems
- Understand customer (patients, research professionals, internal partners/leaders) needs and translate those needs into solutions
- Connect externally with innovation leaders to understand the overall direction of the research, technology, and information industries and communicate that direction to business partners
- Work with clinical development design teams to generate, design, propose and implement facilitated workshops to assist in the design of clinical programs and trials
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of creative recruitment strategies that may impact recruitment/enrollment cycletime reduction
- Ensure that patient recruitment programs are patient focused, deliver value to research professionals, are cost effective, and deliver value to Lilly’s clinical programs and trials
- Lead innovation and design projects to delivery by actively participating in project implementation when applicable
- Work across other business units, Clinical Design Organization and Design Hub teams to understand related projects and articulate the implications, alignments and conflicts.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 global employees work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
- Bachelor’s degree or HS diploma with at least 8 years’ experience working in a clinical research setting
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in clinical practice, clinical research, pharmaceutical medicine, the drug development process or related experience
- Indianapolis based position
Lilly credits its exceptional employees for its successes, and knows the key to ongoing achievement lies in attracting and retaining the best people. Here are a few of the recognitions Lilly has earned for creating an extraordinary work environment:
- Business Week magazine 50 Best Places to Launch A Career ™
- FORTUNE 50 Best Companies for Minorities ™
- Working Mother 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers ™
- Science magazine Best Companies for Scientists ™
- DiversityInc. Top 50 Companies for Diversity™ (#16 in 2017)
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index™ – 100% score
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Degree in a science or technical related field
- Ability to self-lead with little guidance from others
- Excellent insight and enthusiastic problem-solving through innovative and pragmatic solutions
- Solid ability to deliver to timelines
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills