Associate Scientist/Scientist (Analytical Chemistry)
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
This position will apply a variety of established LC-MS/MS based methods/SOPs to perform extensive mAb product characterization to support REGN drug discovery, development and regulatory filing. The position will also evaluate and developing innovative mass spectreometry based analytical tehcnologies to improve workflow and/or to solve new challenging analytical issues.
We are seeking an associate scientist or scientist with Ph.D. degree to join the Analytical Chemistry group of Regeneron Pharmaceutical Inc. located at Tarrytown, NY. This individual will work in a state-of-the-art mass spectrometry lab and provide biochemical characterization of therapeutic protein drug candidates to support different stages of drug development, from early-stage candidate selections to late-stage regulatory submissions. The individual will also have opportunities to develop innovative mass spectrometry technologies to support Regeneron R&D programs in the context of multidisciplinary project teams.
- Independently develop and apply state-of-the-art mass spectrometry and its related technologies for the analytical characterization of therapeutic protein drug candidates and/or products, including monoclonal, bispecific antibodies and antibody drug conjugates (ADCs), to support different drug development activities.
- Work independently for designing experiments, drafting protocols, executing experiments, performing data analysis, documenting work in electronic notebooks, and generating study reports.
- Work closely with multi-functional project teams, including but not limited to research, formulation, process development, pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics, etc.; provide high quality analytical data and present results at group, department, and cross-functional team meetings.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing or developing innovative analytical methods (e.g. novel MS or LC-MS/MS methods) to better support therapeutic protein characterization and drug development, and publish in peer-reviewed journals.
- Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to performing analytical characterization for therapeutic antibody development and regulatory submissions, and authoring characterization sections of regulatory submissions (e.g. INDs, comparability, and BLAs).
- 0-5 post-docotoral or 0-3 relevant industrial experience
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering (or related discipline) with a concentration on mass spectrometry and its related fields for protein characterization, proteomics, and PTM analysis, as well as a proven track record of publications in the fields.
- Post-doctoral or pharma/biotech industry experience (0-5 year) is preferred.
- Proficient in developing and performing mass spectrometry and UPLC as well as the associated applications for protein characterization.
- Ability in programming, automation development, DoE, statistical analysis and/or protein modeling is highly preferred.
- Willing to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and be capable of handling multiple tasks while meeting timelines and adapting to changing priorities.
- Ability to support management and to work in cross functional teams.
- Must have enthusiasm in science and technology, and is highly self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 12944BR