Scientist, Protein Chemistry Downstream
Protein purification, method development and characterization. Candidates will be involved in supporting stability programs, biologics formulation and characterization. These efforts will require expertise in developing and optimizing HPLC methodologies which will generate data to support IND filings.
Responsibilities and Job Functions
• Perform purification process development and process optimization for therapeutic drug candidates.
• Extensive knowledge of protein purification and characterization methodologies
• Ability to set up and follow a drug stability program
• Drug formulation experience is a plus
• Protein modification and pegylation experience is desirable
• Experience in using a wide variety of purification instrumentation
• Write reports for IND filings
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to participate in highly effective teams. Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Demonstrates ability to recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret experimental outcomes. Maintains in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art principles and theories, applying such knowledge to the research direction that supports Company interests.
Ph.D + 2 years, Masters +4 years
Being a member of the ARMO BioSciences team is a unique opportunity to make a difference in the life of patients suffering of grievous diseases. We demonstrate a strong sense of personal ownership in everything we do and as such expect honesty, integrity, passion and scientific excellence from our employees. ARMO BioSciences is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a workforce that respects individual skills and diversity and commitment to teamwork. We hire outstanding people and subscribe to a rigorous, fast-paced work ethic where the science leads the business.