Research Scientist-Diabetic Complications Discovery
It's an exciting time to be part of drug discovery. Are you looking for an opportunity to join an established pharmaceutical company dedicated to finding the best therapies for its patients? The Diabetic Complications Therapeutic Area (DCTA) of Eli Lilly and Company focuses on the discovery of biologics and small molecule therapeutics for the treatment of diabetes and associated complications. We have an exciting opportunity for a Research Scientist – Cardio/Renal Discovery to play a key role in the discovery of novel therapies for heart failure. Do you have key expertise in heart failure or cardiac complications or kidney disease associated with these? Do you want to work with new technologies to discover innovative therapies? Are you prepared to work toward leading project teams?
We need someone with this expertise to join our team. Some of your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Discovery of novel therapies for chronic kidney disease or heart failure.
- Identify and validate new disease targets
- Lead or participate in drug discovery project teams to identify therapeutics for clinical testing
- Develop in vivo disease and pharmacodynamic models and in vitro assays to test experimental therapeutics.
- Utilize the latest technology
- Identify and manage academic collaborations.
You will have considerable independence coupled with a high level of accountability. Are you looking for an opportunity to advance and contribute to exciting, innovative research? Do you like to work collaboratively in and across teams? This is a great opportunity to participate in research that will impact and improve lives of people worldwide.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- PhD with post-doctoral training in diabetic complications including cardiac failure, renal function or chronic kidney disease
- 2+ years experience of drug hunting in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry or nationally recognized, independent academic lab preferred
The position is full-time and the entry level will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience. The position is governed by regulations including OSHA, AAALAC, OLAW and NRC — compliance to all applicable regulations is mandatory.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Expertise chronic kidney disease animal models.
- Ability to conduct micro-puncture technique or multi-photon microscopy on rodent kidneys is an advantage.
- Or expertise in heart failure models by conducting echocardiography, PV loops, and in vitro cardiomyocyte function assays.
- Excellent oral/written communication/listening skills are essential.
- Strong relationship-building and interaction skills with peers and management.