Maverick Therapeutics is a dynamic start-up that is developing a class of anti-cancer biologic drugs called COBRAs®(conditional bi-specific redirected activation) to induce potent anti-tumor immunity with improved safety. Founded by leading scientists in the field, Maverick has established a multi-year collaboration with Takeda Pharmaceuticals to bring COBRAs to cancer patients. We are seeking a talented RA or SRA to join our R&D team. The successful candidate will serve a key role in the advancement of our lead COBRAs through pre-clinical studies and IND filing.
- Participate in therapeutic programs from target validation through candidate selection and into clinical trials.
- Core responsibilities include:
- Develop and qualify immune assays (such as ELISA) to characterize COBRA disposition in vivo, from rodents to humans.
- Participate in the analysis of preclinical in vivo pharmacology studies including efficacy, pharmacokinetic and biomarker studies, as well as toxicology studies.
- Participate in translational research studies focusing on patient stratification, biomarker identification, disease indication, and dual targeting strategies
- Additionally, the successful candidate will
- Characterize therapeutic candidates in vitro as part of the lead selection process, including target tumor antigen expression, T cell immunophenotyping, T cell dependent cytotoxicity and cytokine release assays.
- Contribute to the writing of relevant research reports to be included in regulatory filings.
- Communicate scientific progress to management.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks in compliance with Maverick Therapeutics policies.
- Prioritize group’s efforts to align with and meet or exceed company goals and timelines.
- BS/MS in biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related discipline
- 3+ years of industry experience, preferably in oncology biologics
- Demonstrated expertise in immune assay development and execution
- Facility with mammalian cell culture and cell line engineering
- Deep understanding of concepts relevant to DMPK of large molecules / biologics
- Proficiency with assay data analysis and reporting; a rigorous approach to record-keeping and data entry is essential
The preferred candidate will also have:
- Experience with the isolation and profiling of immune cell populations; proficiency in flow cytometry is desirable
- Experience in supporting IND filings, as through study report writing
- Excellent presentation skills in team and department settings
- Strong interpersonal skills