Scientist – Target Biology
Atreca is a biotechnology company focused on applying its Immune Repertoire Capture™ technology to discover and develop novel cancer immunotherapeutics. Located in Redwood City, California, Atreca is looking for talented, entrepreneurial people who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health. We have a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to become a key member of a growing biotechnology company.
Atreca's IRC technology identifies anti-tumor human antibodies in a highly accurate and precise fashion. Our goal is to apply this technology to elucidate and characterize novel tumor targets and associated biologic processes that were selected for attack by the patient's immune system. In this position, the successful candidate will apply her/his skills and expertise in molecular biology and protein biochemistry to further understand the unique biology associated with our targets and contribute to the clinical application of our antibodies using multiple strategies including molecular biology and protein biochemistry techniques. These include protein and carbohydrate arrays, immunoprecipitation, and other protein biochemistry techniques. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in molecular biology and protein biochemistry as related to the identification and characterization of proteins driving tumorigenesis.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for conducting target identification screening efforts
- Perform protein purification including immunoprecipitation from radiolabeled cell lysates
- Generate, analyze and validate data from protein microarray screens
- Manage target identification efforts conducted with CRO’s
- Manage one or more research associates
- Work with other project team members and communicate results with the team
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices
- PhD with post-doctoral experience, preferably in immunology, tumor biology, cell biology or related field with a strong emphasis on molecular biology or protein biochemistry; 1-3 years of relevant industry experience preferred
- Experience characterizing molecular mechanisms of tumorigenesis using molecular biology and/or protein biochemistry techniques preferred
- Protein microarray experience highly desirable
- Experience managing research associates or technicians is required
- Experience with tumor and tumor cell line transcriptome and/or proteome profiling is a plus
- Must have excellent trouble-shooting, organization, and planning skills, and the ability to work under timeline in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.