Director Medical Devices eHealth
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Director Medical Devices eHealth, are to:
- Be responsible for providing expert advice to the Therapeutic Areas (TAs), Research & Development (R&D), and Business Units regarding Medical Devices, Electronic Data Capture, Human Factors Studies and eHealth;
- Provide consultative services for the development of a global clinical strategy and the operational conduct of global clinical development activities concerning Medical Devices, Electronic Data Capture, Human Factors Studies and eHealth, including for NMEs Phase I-III and for marketed products, with the aim to optimize product value (e.g. new indications, new formulations, etc.);
- Contribute to managing the Bayer R&D portfolio of the Indication Area by providing expert input on Medical Device and eHealth opportunities, including the search, evaluation, and execution of licensing opportunities with regard to Medical Devices;
- Contribute to the ongoing analysis of the external landscape regarding Medical Devices, Electronic Data Capture, Human Factors Studies and eHealth;
- Actively participate in relevant committees and meetings for innovation sourcing, establishing relevant linkages between collaboration projects and internal projects, and present projects at relevant management meetings;
- Design and manage data models with scientific applications to development in support of the short and long term R&D strategy, while maximally leveraging existing internal R&D know-how;
- Innovate with data models, data integration, calculation approaches, analysis methods, algorithms, and other related tools to support the development of digital health platforms and solutions;
- Assist in maximally exploiting Bayer assets in and associated with the fields of computational life science by promoting and actively seeking cooperation and exchange with scientific departments within R&D as well as the computational community within Bayer;
- Have medical knowledge and hands-on clinical practice experience to aid in the proper assessment and determination of Minimally Clinically Important Differences (MCIDs) for different types of interventions/ condition-specific treatments from the perspectives of a variety of stakeholders, including those of patients, clinicians, healthcare systems, regulators, and payors.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- University degree of Ph.D.;
- At least five years of relevant experience with Medical Device development;
- In depth expertise and experience in the fields of Electronic Data Capture, Human Factors Studies, and/or eHealth;
- Knowledge and experience in big-data handling and digital health, as well as advanced analytics (e.g. data analysis, forecasting, etc.) and web-based applications;
- Knowledge and experience with the Medical Device and eHealth regulatory environments, especially in the U.S. and European Union (EU);
- Strong aptitude to set a vision for data capture, data analysis, and data application in the fields of Medical Device and Pharmaceutical development, approval, launch, improvement, and support;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills;
- Skillful in negotiating and exerting influence, especially without authority;
- Experience in the management of collaborations as well as in project management;
- International and intercultural experience and ability to work effectively in multicultural environments;
- Outstanding track record of leading teams;
- Excellent networking abilities with a high degree of credibility and integrity;
- Excellence in dealing with ambiguity;
- Strong strategic skills with good business acumen;
- Self-assured and comfortable defending positions with management;
- High customer focus;
- Ability to embrace change;
- Good emotional skills and personal insights;
- Fluent English skills.
- Post-doctoral training and/or degree in engineering, computer science, statistics, epidemiology, or regulatory science;
- International experience in Europe and North America;
- Fluent in German.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States