Senior Global Project Manager
Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Senior Global Project Manager
Considering local candidates only.
This role will be responsible for driving project teams that are focused on developing or improving new treatments for patients from Phase III clinical trials and beyond.
As a key member on project teams the Senior Global Project Manager (Sr GPM) is expected to be knowledgeable about the overall program in order to be strategic in planning, team management, and process management. Sr GPMs achieve this by delivering high quality project management support and other high value services to enable team and project success.
The Sr Global Project Manager is accountable for:
- Applying project management expertise, methodologies, & department standards
- Communicating effectively with team members, senior leaders, and the broader organization
- Leveraging well developed interpersonal skills to build & maintain positive working relationships with customers and key stakeholders
- Contributing to functional excellence and business improvement initiatives
- Using project knowledge to be strategic in planning short-, mid-, long-term project plans and identifying interdependencies
- Developing, maintaining, tracking, and managing a high-quality, integrated project plan to enable accurate reporting and decision making
- Managing the critical path of the project and key project risks
- Using strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and high performance teams
- Managing team-level and corporate processes effectively, using strong project and process knowledge, to drive team deliverables
- This position reports directly into a Group Leader/Associate Director in the Pharma Portfolio Management (PPM) Global Project Management group.
This position reports directly into a Group Leader/Associate Director in the Pharma Portfolio Management (PPM) Global Project Management group.
Who You Are
Successful candidates will have a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience, to include experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry. A minimum of 10 years of Project Management experience supporting cross-functional teams in a scientific environment is also required, such as experience in clinical, clinical operations, regulatory, Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC), device, diagnostics, vaccines, or Phase I-IV clinical trials. Pharma/biotech drug development experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically when planning, managing teams, and managing processes
- Strong project management to enable precise execution
- Skillful use of interpersonal skills and influence to accomplish work without formal authority and to ensure optimal team performance
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, which enable successful collaboration with executive level stakeholders internally and externally
- Strong experience facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, and ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Sound judgment, problem solving, leadership, and collaboration in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to problems.
- Proven leadership skills, executive presence, maturity, emotional intelligence
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization with geographically dispersed teams
- Ability to travel internationally (2-3 times per year)
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Scientific degree preferred. Advanced degree preferred.
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
Apply Link: https://www.gene.com/careers/detail/3107911444/Senior-Global-Project-Manager