Laboratory Scientist - MHC Tetramer Production
Purpose of Work:
Responsible for performing procedures specific to the production of MHC tetramers and to ensure manufactured products supplied to the customer meet the highest quality standards.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
- Perform laboratory processes involved in manufacturing and/or QC of products and the preparation of reagents/media.
- Utilization of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Protein purification techniques utilizing the AKTA FPLC and UNICORN Software.
- Protein analysis techniques utilizing HPLC, spectrophotometry, and SDS-PAGE.
- Cellular analysis by cell staining and Flow Cytometry
- Conduct testing for shelf-life studies on product retention samples.
- Perform incoming inspection of Raw Materials as required.
- Complete all required paperwork and records in a clear and succinct fashion as required by the department manager.
- Clean-up work area and dispose of biohazard or other waste materials appropriately.
- Ability to recognize anomalies in the production process, make adjustments, and inform management regarding areas of improvement.
- Operate and maintain department related equipment.
- Order and stock supplies as needed and conduct monthly inventory of supplies.
- Familiar with the Quality Management System and quality policies.
- Familiar with applicable regulatory requirements (GMP)
- Working Knowledge of safety program procedures.
Other Job Duties:
Performs other duties as required
Minimum Qualifications of the Position:
Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, biology, chemistry, biochemistry or closely related field.
Must have 2 years of experience in protein purification and analysis. Prefer prior MHC tetramer preparation experience and/or experience in immunology and immune-oncology. Experience in Flow Cytometry is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to speak and write English and communicate scientific principles in English
- Ability to follow instructions, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to perform laboratory procedures without supervision
- Ability to operate laboratory equipment
- Good team player
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to follow routine manufacturing processes without mistake or alterations.
- Must deliver on time results that are clearly written and can be articulated.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
Type of Work Environment: