GABAeron, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focusing on stem cell–based therapy development for neurological diseases. GABAeron takes a novel approach that combines precision medicine (using genetic information for patient stratification) with regenerative medicine (using human iPSC-derived cell products for therapy). The therapeutic programs of GABAeron are specifically designed to replace the lost cells and restore brain functions with human iPSC-derived cell products in patients with genetically defined neurological diseases.
Our ideal candidate must have a wealth of experience culturing iPSCs and directing differentiation to various neuronal lineages, is comfortable working on a team with little constant direction, and is someone who gains energy from designing and executing focused experiments.
This person will be expected to bring a team player attitude and deep stem cell expertise to our small group and run rigorous, consistent, and well-documented studies. Some supervisory experience will be beneficial, as this person will eventually work closely with a research assistant who may report directly to this role.
- 3+ years of experience in cell culture including 1+ year culturing iPSCs and directing differentiation to various neuronal lineages
- MD or PhD in a life science or related field
- High attention to detail and immaculate documentation practices, functionally organized
- Experience using an electronic notebook and laboratory inventory system
- 1+ year of industry experience in cellular or biologics therapeutics
- Experience with rodent intracranial injection
- Experience or understanding of various rodent behaviors
- Basic understanding of electrophysiological measures
- 1+ year of supervisory experience
- Familiarity with software for image processing, data management, statistical analysis, Google Suite
GABAeron is an Equal Opportunity Employer.