Sr. Manager, Analytical & Formulation Development
Sutro Biopharma is seeking a Sr Manager to join our Analytical Development group to support chromatography assay development for monoclonal antibodies and antibody drug conjugates.
The candidate we are seeking will work within our analytical group to develop new assays for characterizing recombinant proteins in addition to running previously developed assays. This position will primarily focus on protein characterization using chromatography assays. You will be responsible for assay development and qualification, technology transfer to quality control or other testing labs, and management of an assay throughout the product development lifecycle. The position requires writing SOP's, protocols and reports. The successful candidate will be expected to work independently while also working collaboratively within the Analytical group and across functional groups. This position will have direct report/s.
* PhD in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology or related scientific field and 8+ years of industry experience in the characterization of monoclonal antibodies/antibody drug conjugates is required OR
* MS in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology or related scientific field and 10+ years of industry experience in the characterization of monoclonal antibodies/antibody drug conjugates is required.
* Expertise in operation and maintenance of Agilent/Dionex HPLC's and experience with Chromeleon software is highly preferred.
* Thorough understanding of protein separation methods combined with the experience in developing assays is essential, qualifying and transferring assays to QC environment is desired.
* Knowledge of additional analytical assays such as activity assays, icIEF, and capillary electrophoresis is desirable.
* Flexibility to work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment is essential.
* Familiarity with general methods of data analysis and data interpretation is required.
* Experience in managing junior scientist/s is desired.
* Good communication skills are essential.
Sutro provides a competitive benefits package that includes a choice of health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K plan, PTO, and stock options.
Please submit resume for Req. #1725 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our website at www.sutrobio.com. for more information. Local candidates, SF Bay Area, no relocation.