Research Associate II
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE II - PHARMACOLOGY
Research Associate - Pharmacology to support in vivo studies for target validation and preclinical research activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform in vivo pharmacology studies with disease models and conduct in vivo drug efficacy studies to support early drug discovery projects
- Develop and troubleshoot novel in vivo disease models for mechanism of action studies
- Independently plan, execute, analyze, and document experiments
- Work in a team environment and, as needed, train new personnel hands-on
- Contribute to publications, and participate in scientific conferences as applicable
- BS degree with at least 3 years of relevant hands-on laboratory experience in industry; or equivalent
- Background in hematology, pharmacology or related disciplines is preferred
- Hands-on experience performing in vivo studies, preferably with small molecule drug candidates, using multiple dose routes (IV, PO, SC, IM), tissue sample collection, and evaluating PD endpoints
- Interest in surgical models is a plus
- Organized, self-motivated, able to multitask and deliver results with high degree of attention to detail to drive projects forward in a timely manner
- Statistical understanding and knowledge of common statistical software
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.