Global Brand Director, etrasimod (San Diego Based)
Does your next career opportunity include building and launching a potential global blockbuster “best in class” brand? Interested in joining a highly collaborative, rapidly growing, and fun team based in San Diego? Searching for the chance to be a key player in delivering a drug to market that will have significant impact on patients with inflammatory bowel disease and their families?
Arena’s Global Brand Director for etrasimod will be responsible for managing the development and execution of the global commercialization strategy and tactical plan for etrasimod to ensure successful launch and growth of the brand. This individual will be responsible for leading global pre-launch and launch efforts. This a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic team that is focused on advancing multiple, potentially “best in class” drugs to market.
What you’ll dive into
- Global Commercialization Strategy (TPP, TPL and LCM Strategy): Participate as a key member of the Global Product Leadership Team (PLT) and define commercial requirements for launch and LCM success in all target countries.
- Global Market Readiness: Ensure successful design, resourcing, execution and tracking of all pre-launch disease state and brand development activities. This includes the scientific & message platform identifying both the key information as well as the sequence of messaging over time.
- Commercial Strategy Development: Define target audiences, behaviors, activation strategy, launch positioning and messaging for etrasimod.
- Launch Readiness: Build detailed plans defining sequence of activities and Go-to-Market Strategy, including a “launch tracker” to manage all pre-launch planning and execution through approval and market launch.
- Market, Competitive and Customer Knowledge: Manage the effort to generate deep market, competitive and customer insights to inform brand strategy and tactics.
- Branding and Trade Name Development: Lead development of brand personality, brand hallmarks, and tradename for etrasimod.
- Branded Promotion: Lead development of launch creative concept and branded professional and DTC/DTP personal and non-personal campaigns and collateral.
- Digital Campaigns and Assets: Manage development and implementation of digital campaigns and tactics including websites, videos and other key tactics.
- Public Relations: Lead and build communication channels and materials (deep dive, roadshow, and company presentations) to support investor, media and public markets positioning etrasimod to build strong awareness and credibility.
- Professional and Patient Advocacy Strategy and Engagement: Lead effort to identify and effectively engage key external stakeholders including payer decision-makers, physician opinion leaders and patient advocacy to inform market readiness and successful launch of etrasimod and ensure world class patient access.
- Global Forecasts, Valuation and P&L: Generate all pre-launch and launch forecasts and valuations. Establish and deliver on P&L targets in US and ROW.
What we expect
- Bachelor’s, master’s preferred
- Strong therapeutic area experience, particularly inflammatory bowel disease
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience; strong understanding of:
- Drug development process (non-clinical, supply chain, QA, etc.)
- Global business trends and key value drivers
- Regulations relevant to promotion, medical affairs, market development, clinical activities, etc., related to post-approval and phase IIIb/IV programs
- 5+ years working in strategic and tactical marketing roles
- Ability to facilitate, lead and influence brand strategy development, marketing, access teams in a cross-functional and global basis
- Expert knowledge of forecast & valuation, and market research methodologies
- Ability to leverage problem solving and interpersonal skills in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel both within the US and internationally, up to ~ 30% of time
What you’ll get
To be a part a growing company and fantastic team passionate about developing novel drug therapies to improve people’s lives
Opportunities to learn and contribute creative solutions
Comprehensive health insurance ($0 premium on select medical plans)
Matching 401k retirement plan
Paid time off and holidays including a Summer & Winter break