Associate Director, Patient Support Services
The Associate Director, Patient Support will report directly to the Director, Channel Strategy & Patient Support and will work closely with several departments including but not limited to US Marketing, Sales, Regulatory, Legal, Compliance, and external customers. He/She will be the in-house individual responsible for developing patient support strategies and implementing and managing programs to support AR101 patients in the US. He/she will work with the broader Market Access team to identify and assess patient support needs, define objectives, and operationalize programs, including reimbursement hub, co-pay, and any additional support programs. These efforts will include cross-functional coordination with the Market Access and Marketing teams, both in-house and field based.
- The candidate must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization, with high expectations and accountability on quality and timing of the deliverables
- He/she will manage the development of new initiatives and programs, and ensure appropriate alignment with key business partners
- This individual will also be responsible for managing AR101’s patient support programs, facilitating vendor contracts, and overseeing project budgets
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a high-performing team committed to making a difference for the betterment of patients
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; Scientific degree, MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
- 10+ years relevant experience with increasing job responsibilities, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Prior US in-line Market Access and/or Marketing experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of the pharmaceutical market, including purchasers, payers, and associations is required
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects within specified timelines, budgetary and quality standards
- Experience implementing programs that require process, operations, data, and ongoing quality improvement
- Experience leading and influencing large cross-functional teams
- Experience with access support and reimbursement for specialty pharmaceutical products
- Experience managing customer facing vendors
- Excellent verbal and writing skills as well as excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Shown ability to think strategically as well as execute tactically in previous roles
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point is required
- May require up to 30% travel based on business need
Preferred Experience, Special Skills, Knowledge:
- Highly motivated and detail oriented
- Lead and manage AR101’s hub, co-pay, and nurse support programs
- Based on market insights, enhance and develop “best-in” class patient support initiatives and programs to attain strategic objectives
- Determine annual patient support plan and budget and align with cross-functional partners
- Manage internal and external business partners, including vendor contracts, reporting requirements, and budgets
- Define and proactively measure patient support program performance and metrics
- Attend external meetings and conferences to gather insights and best-practices, and keep current with trends that may impact patient support programs
- Ensure company values are met on a consistent basis
- Work cross-functionally, as well as with compliance and legal departments, to ensure all training responsibilities, policies, and procedures are met
- Position will be individual contributor with ability to influence, direct, and manage cross-functional partners
About Aimmune Therapeutics, Inc.
Aimmune Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company founded to address the unmet medical need in food allergy, which currently has no approved treatments. Our mission is to improve the lives of people with food allergies, based on our proprietary desensitization treatments in development. Aimmune’s lead investigational drug, AR101 for peanut allergy, is in Phase 3 clinical testing in North America and Europe. The company also plans to begin clinical testing of its investigational drugs for egg allergy and walnut allergy. Headquartered in Brisbane, California – the heart of San Francisco’s biotechnology hub – Aimmune has additional offices in the Kings Cross area of London and in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Aimmune Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only; no recruiters please.