Discovery & Innovation Team Lead -Pest Management
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Discovery & Innovation Team Lead, are to:
- Manage and direct the scientific activities of the Pest Management Screening team in the Pest Management Indication in West Sacramento;
- Three to four direct reports including contract employees;
- Manage Biologics Project Team responsible for Novel Concepts, overseeing internal activities at West Sacramento (across functions) and also activities done in across technologies in the Bayer Crop Science (BCS) Pest Management Indication. The project team is responsible for identifying new pest management innovations and driving promising technologies through Phase 0;
- Develop staff and ensure safe working conditions;
- Manage external collaborations associated with the Novel Concepts project team;
- Develop and implement new experimental methods and processes to support research activities on innovations concepts and ideas;
- Survey scientific activities in academia and competitor research activities relative to project team.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Master of Science in Entomology, with an expertise in insect physiology with a minimum of eight years relevant experience;
- Bachelors of Science in Entomology, with an expertise in insect physiology with a minimum of ten years relevant experience;
- Supervise scientific personnel and contributes to research project technologies, publications, intellectual property, or trade secrets;
- Excellent organization and planning skills;
- Ability to effectively manage and develop subordinates;
- Personal drive and initiative;
- Works and communicates effectively with peers (scientists and commercial counterparts) across functions and across sites;
- Project management skills;
- Tracks and manages interdisciplinary project activities across functions at West Sacramento;
- Recruits, tracks and manages project activities and personnel at multiple sites within BCS (West Sacramento, Monheim, in Traits Research, etc.);
- Effectively communicates progress and research needs of the Novel Concepts project;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/responsibilities simultaneously;
- Can design and implement new bioassays/test to address specific technical challenges.
- Ph.D in Entomology, with an expertise in insect physiology with four years of postdoctoral or other professional experience;
- Good knowledge of crop protection;
- Proven leadsership skills;
- Scientific skills in insect toxicology, insect physiology, and biostatistics;
- Strong aptitude for scientific innovation;
- Ability to foster and develop cooperation with a diverse group of people, institutions, and stakeholder groups.
Domestic Relocation assistance is offered for this position.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States
Location: CA-West Sacramento