Associate Scientist I
The Inflammation department at Gilead Sciences is seeking an experienced and highly motivated scientist to support therapeutic programs for inflammatory diseases. The successful candidate will contribute to discovery and pre-clinical development efforts of novel candidate drugs, including the design and execution of proof of concept and validation assays. The candidate will also drive studies assessing the mechanism of action of pre-clinical and clinical compounds. The candidate must be driven, interactive, and display scientific curiosity and rigor. Excellent organizational skills with regard to management of time, data, reagents and equipment are essential. The candidate will work in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment, participate in regular group and team meetings and present results, interpret data, and formulate conclusions.
• Experience with evaluating cell signaling (Western blot, immunoprecipitation), cell culture (cell lines and human primary cell culture), transfection, developing and performing cell-based assays, immunoassays (ELISA, MSD, Luminex), molecular biology (DNA/RNA isolation, RT-qPCR, cloning) and biochemical assays to support discovery and/or validation of novel targets.
• Experience in analyzing tissue and serum/plasma samples from pre-clinical animal models.
• Good working knowledge of molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry and immunology.
• Strong analytical and computer skills, including proficiency with basic data analysis programs (Excel, Graphpad Prism, etc)
• Ability to troubleshoot and optimize assays as needed, identifying and applying novel techniques or protocols
• Experience with immunological assays (cell isolation and functional ex vivo cellular assays) and with flow cytometry and cell sorting (including design and execution of multi-color panels and antibody validation) is highly desirable.
• Prior knowledge and research experience with drug discovery, target identification and validation in inflammatory disease is preferred.
• Independently designs and executes complex experiments using appropriately selected methods and techniques to support routine and non-routine research activities and project goals.
• Uses excellent verbal and written skills to communicate clearly with colleagues and broader audiences.
• Ability to work productively in cross-functional teams, demonstrating strong inter-personal skills
• Must think critically and creatively, use problem-solving skills, and have strong organizational and planning skills
• Team-oriented, enthusiastic and flexible, able to manage more than one project at any given time.
• Stays current with scientific literature and applies knowledge appropriately to research projects.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
BS degree with 9+ years of molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry and immunology, or related experience in industry or academia. MS degree w/8+ years of industry experience.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may mailto:email@example.com assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the‘EEO is the Law'poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For jobs in France:
Conformement à la Loi « Informatique et Libertes » (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les donnees personnelles renseignees pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront être transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de rectification et de suppression des donnees vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en mailto:contactant:FranceDataPrivacy@gilead.com
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.