Senior Research Associate/Senior Scientist, Analytical Development and Quality Control
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad, was founded in 1989 to create advanced, novel medicines to treat diseases with an unmet medical need. We are the pioneer and leader in the discovery and development of antisense drugs. By exploiting various cutting-edge RNA targeting technologies, we are capable of specifically and efficiently targeting any gene of interest, including ones which are not targetable by small molecules or antibodies. We currently have three approved drugs, and a robust pipeline of over 30 drugs in various stages of clinical trials.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
Senior Research Associate / Senior Scientist,
Analytical Development and Quality Control
- Conduct routine/non-routine analysis of in-process, toxicology, finished drug substance and drug product samples (i.e. release and stability testing)
- Manage new and ongoing development projects
- Review analytical data for compliance to SOPs (e.g. Analytical Methods, Equipment Procedures, Material Specifications)
- Present and participate in internal and external scientific meetings
- Assemble and document data for quality review
- Revise SOPs as needed (e.g. Analytical Methods, Equipment Procedures, Material Specifications)
- Author and execute qualification/validation protocols and write reports
- Author scientific reports and portions of Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls (CMC) section of regulatory filings
- Conduct analytical investigations
- May develop and/or optimize analytical methods
- Applies knowledge of cGMP and GLP on a daily basis
- May manage one or more direct reports
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Chemistry or related field
- 10+ years’ (BS/MS) or 0-2 years’ (PhD) experience in an analytical development and quality control role
- Practical knowledge of HPLC, MS, and GC
- Knowledge and previous applications of cGMPs preferable
- Experience following SOPs (i.e. Analytical Methods, Equipment Procedures, Material Specifications)
- Ability to be the technical leader of a scientific project
- Ability to interpret experimental results and correctly identify a path forward independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience recording data in laboratory notebooks or data collection forms
- Comfortable with the operation and troubleshooting of instrumentation (lab equipment)
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form, to all levels of the organization
- Ability to carry through on assignments, meet deadlines and time schedules
- Ability to be flexible with workload and job duties to support team objectives
- Experience managing development projects
- Will build positive teamwork, encourage solutions and solicit feedback to problems and demonstrate respectful behavior to others
- Be an active listener; provide open, constructive feedback to suggestions or opinions presented
- Demonstrate excellent leadership and mentorship skills with colleagues and direct reports
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.