The Frontier Biology group at Unity Biotechnology is seeking to hire a Scientist in early discovery science. We seek candidates who think critically and have the desire and ability to learn new techniques. This position requires adaptability and an ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment. A qualified candidate will have a broad technical experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, physiology, and pharmacology.
- PhD in the biological sciences (e.g. Biochemistry, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Physiology, Neurobiology or related field) with 1-2 years of relevant post-graduate experience.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to independently design, execute, troubleshoot and interpret experiments
- Exceptional critical thinking, data analysis, and problem solving skills
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company
- Use of Clark electrode, Seahorse, and/or in vivo imaging probes to measure cellular oxygen consumption
- Experience developing high through-put assays
- Mammalian cell culture systems and stem cell reprogramming
- Immunohistochemistry, PCR, quantitative PCR, SDS-Page, and western blotting
- Designing expression constructs and current molecularcloning techniques (restriction, recombination, Gibson assembly, Seamless cloning, etc)
- Plasmid transfection and viral vector transduction methods
- Fluorescence-based in vitro assays (microscopy, plate reader)
To apply please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com