Supervisor, Quality Control
At Pacira Pharmaceuticals, controlling postsurgical pain is the key to improving patient outcomes. Our in-depth knowledge of the needs of the postsurgical pain market, coupled with our passion for delivering improved patient care, drives our commitment to providing solutions that address unmet medical needs and improve clinical results. Pacira Pharmaceuticals currently has an opening for a Supervisor, Quality Control.
The purpose of this position is to assume supervisory responsibilities of a functional laboratory area as required by the QC Director/Manager which may include analytical testing of raw materials, in-process and release testing of pharmaceutical products following prescribed procedures.
- Supervise, and perform as needed, routine testing of raw materials, in-process and product release samples according to established procedures and as directed by the QC Director/Manager.
- Perform activities necessary, such as C of A generation, in order to release finished product for commercial distribution.
- Perform or oversee experiments to assess product or procedural problems under the direction of the QC Director/Manager and assist in analytical method optimization and/or validation as requested.
- Prepare reports and revise laboratory procedures as directed by the QC Director/Manager.
- Understand and comply with all company policies, safety procedures, and SOPs, including cGMPs and cGLPs
- Ensure laboratory equipment is maintained and calibrated to assure accuracy and confidence in performance.
- Prepare report on assigned assays, processes or quality control systems using statistical techniques and computer assistance in interpreting data.
- Work closely with appropriate manufacturing, technology and materials management personnel to maintain effective production flow and awareness of process activities.
- Perform special assignments and non-routine assays as directed by the QC Director/Manager.
- Represent functional area in Project Teams, as required.
The qualified individual will possess the following:
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university with 5-8 years of relevant experience along with previous leadership experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- Able to assume the role of specific specialized assay responsibilities as deemed necessary by the QC Director/Manager and cross trained in a variety of analytical assays.
- Ability to utilize scientific literature and to make effective written and oral reports that are clear, accurate, and logical.
- Must be able to effectively analyze results of testing, summarize and report findings and provide appropriate recommendations to laboratory staff.
- Expected to identify and respond to day-to-day and complex laboratory problems and to contribute to the resolution of product and control system problems.
- Review of standard criteria against which product performance is measured and has input for selecting and developing appropriate procedures for Quality Control use.
- Must demonstrate an ability to develop and apply new skills and approaches to multiple problems and to deal with conflicting priorities.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate ideas to people with varying degrees of technical understanding.
- Able to assertively identify and resolve issues that hinder team performance.
**No relocation assistance will be provided