Sr Manager Conversion Ops
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Manager Conversion Operations, are to:
- Provide employee development and supervision for multiple divisions, including multiple VS positions and a contracted 3 rd Party Logistics (3PL) General Manager;
- Manage purchasing, production plan and cost, along with operating policies for all 3PL conversion operations. Manage all 3PL conversion operations functions for repackaged goods and display shipments originating in the United States to ensure that highest priority is given to accurate and quality distribution of product to all customers;
- Interact directly with both peers and senior level positions in Sales, Marketing, Product Supply, Visual Merchandising, Customer Development, Customer Service, Distribution and Transportation functions to ensure Conversion Operations perspectives and efficiencies play a role in the customer's positive perception of Bayer Consumer Health (BCH) as a provider of safe, quality, on-time deliveries;
- Interface directly with peer counterparts to develop process improvements;
- Develop, implement and manage the 3PL conversion operations key performance indicator (KPI) criteria;
- Coordinate quarterly 3PL reviews to ensure that customer requirements are met;
- Coordinate contract negotiations with 3PLs in conjunction with Procurement and division representatives. Negotiate rates and act upon performance or operational criteria to ensure best value for service is provided;
- Drive team efficiency through leveraging and continuously improving utilized systems. Identify systems deficiencies, along with new systems or system requirements;
- Develop and communicate Conversion Operations strategy focused on the balance between customer centricity and operational effectiveness.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Planning, Business or a technical discipline with 12 years' supply chain experience or a Master's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics Planning, Business or a technical discipline with 8 years' supply chain experience;
- Supply chain management or logistics planning experience in a consumer products, pharmaceutical or ISO-regulated industry;
- Background and understanding of supply chain management principles such as (but not limited to) Production Planning, Purchasing, Forecasting and Logistics;
- A working knowledge of consumer goods production, operations and industry practices;
- Demonstrated target and performance driven attitude with successful track record leading projects and teams;
- Experience with SAP/APO;
- Ability to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals;
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective relationship management with internal and external business partners/customers.
- Experience managing 3 rd Party Logistics (3PL) repacking/conversion operations;
- Experience working with various software packages: Excel, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and PowerPoint.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States
Location: IN-Mishawaka, IN-Edison Lakes