Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist, Assay Development
Tenaya Therapeutics was founded with the mission to address chronic heart failure through a multipronged effort focused on the pathologies present in the cardiac muscle. There are no therapies that directly address the core problem of heart failure, the loss of functional cardiac muscle. This major gap in the therapeutic space presents a challenging but significant opportunity for novel regenerative therapies.
We are looking for an experienced Senior or Principal Scientist to lead biology efforts focused on advancing and expanding Tenaya’s small molecule drug discovery programs. The successful candidate will bring intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor and a desire to innovate new medicines for patients.
- Lead the design and development of cell-based and biochemical assays focused on novel targets for HTS
- Optimize screening assays for advancement of lead compounds for drug discovery programs
- Direct studies aimed at characterizing mechanism of action
- Collaborate effectively with Medicinal Chemistry and DMPK teams
- Manage internal and external (academic and contract research organizations) resources to deliver quality data in an efficient manner
- Develop strong relationships and communicate effectively with the CSO, other members of the Biology group, and academic Founders
- Work as a senior member of the Biology research group and foster a culture of scientific excellence, teamwork, and rigorous innovation
Experience and Qualifications:
- A Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. in Biochemistry or Cellular & Molecular Biology
- At least 5 years of experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical industry environment
- Expert in biochemical assays, cell-based assays and methodologies to support structure-activity relationship
- Deep understanding of key components of the drug development process
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong work ethic, exceptional interpersonal skills, and focus
- Strong leadership and keen intellect for integrating novel science and emerging technologies to address complex problems
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to build transparent and collaborative relationships across the company and with other stakeholders of the company
For immediate consideration, please share your CV, complete with publication record, through our careers site: https://www.tenayatherapeutics.com/careers/. Tenaya is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.