SRA - Assay Development/FACS
Apex Life Sciences is seeking a highly-motivated candidate with a strong basic research background in immunology and cell biology. This position requires expertise in multi color flow cytometry of immune cells, primary cell and tissue culture, general biochemical techniques such as transfections, western blotting, and ELISA. The successful candidate will work as a part of a multidisciplinary team, utilizing the latest technologies for cell engineering and contributing to the generation of novel cell based therapeutics for the treatment of cancer.
Perform research activities including isolation of PBMCs, flow cytometry, generation of retroviral, lentiviral, AAV vectors, transduction and expansion of immune cells, various cell-based and biochemical assays (cytotoxicity, ELISA binding) to support the Discovery Group. Analyze data and summarize for presentation to the team.
- BS or MS in biological sciences or a related field
- 2+ years of relevant academic and industry experience in immunology, cell and/or molecular biology
- Experience in multi-parameter/multi-color flow cytometry is required
- Hands on experience in primary cell culture, cell-based assays, immunoassays, western blotting and flow cytometry are required
- Demonstrated proficiency to work aseptically in tissue culture
- Experience with handling of human biological specimens, particularly blood, isolation of PBMC using density gradient centrifugation (Ficoll). Separation of B, T and NK cells by cell enrichment and depletion using magnetic beads, or sorting is preferred
- Experience with data processing software such as GraphPad Prism, FlowJo or similar is required
- Ability to work independently, multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, organized and disciplined record keeping
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills