Technology Transfer Specialist
Ripple is looking for a Technology Transfer Specialist to strengthen and build our product development capabilities in our Technology Transfer team by using a scientific approach to create sustainable food formulations and products.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years worth of food industry experience at a pilot plant or production facility and has knowledge of formulation, processing and filling processes. The candidate will have great scientific and personal skills, including:
- Bachelors degree in food science, chemistry, chemical engineering or a related field
- Good laboratory practices including organized data documentation and presentation, attention to detail and ability to follow batch protocols
- Innate curiosity for understanding complex food systems from a physical and chemical perspective
- Drive to present to a diverse team of scientists, engineers and business partners
- Ability to conduct bench top and pilot plant work independently
- Willingness for occasional travel to contract manufacturers (~15%)
- Proven teamwork and collaboration in small groups
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Formulation of food
- Sensory evaluation of Food
- Food safety and food quality
Finally, you need to be ready to roll-up your sleeves and help get things done at a small, early-stage startup company.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Technology Transfer Engineer will be an integral member of the Technology Transfer Team. Specific tasks include:
- Develop bench scale and pilot plant scale food formulations
- Characterization of food formulas through analytical and sensory testing
- Help build and maintain product development lab and pilot plant space
- Commercialize products at contract manufacturers
- Present results regularly at team meetings
- Contribute to the Ripple culture
- Play the role of janitor, receptionist, IT-person, printer-jam-clearer, and general pitcher-inner alongside everyone else at Ripple.