Enygma Biosciences has a mission to reshape the way in which therapeutic targets and diagnostic biomarkers are discovered through the creation of a novel technology platform. We are a fun and fast-moving team that combines expertise in biology, chemistry, physics, hardware engineering, and bioinformatics. A core part of our mission involves the development of a new approach to probe selection. The successful candidate will have the chance to shape our selection pipeline with the freedom to explore current technologies and invent new ones.
Role and responsibilities
- Design and execute affinity probe selections utilizing SELEX and other technologies
- Develop processes for hit validation and epitope mapping
- Support external contract research and industry/academic collaborations
- Participate in internal and external scientific reviews
- Contribute to process, legal, and business requirements as needed
- Remain current with emerging technologies in the aptamer selection space
This position requires a Ph.D. in biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related field with 3 or more years of post-graduate experience. The candidate should be able to work as a team member as well as independently, design and execute complex experiments, and present and discuss findings in a group setting which includes researchers from a variety of disciplines.
Additional qualifications include
- In depth experience with aptamer selection
- NGS sample preparation and data analysis
- Experience in developing binding affinity assays
- A record of scientific accomplishment evidenced by publications in refereed journals
- Ability to communicate with researchers from a broad range of technical backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills