Employee Relations Partner
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
The Employee Relations Partner will be responsible for executing the delivery of employee relations services to employees and managers in the US. This position will provide efficient and highly accessible, expert employee relations interface across multiple businesses. The Employee Relations Partner will be responsible for proactive and responsive approaches to employee relations issues that support a positive and productive work environment. This position ensures compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, policies and practices.
- Carry out responsibilities with a sense of urgency with all Employee Relations issues as appropriate, honoring confidentiality of cases and personnel data, and managing sensitive information with discretion, integrity and respect.
- Assist and/or lead, conduct, manage, and/or support complex Employee Relations investigations with guidance from manager. Investigates complaints and issues, including, but not limited to: working conditions, performance issues, disciplinary actions, and employee appeals and grievances. Prepares documentation, investigation summaries, and provides guidance and recommendations for successful problem resolution. Appropriately document case information in ER tracking system; track, trend, analyze, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Assist and/or lead with design and implementation of ER programs, including Affirmative Action, EEO, and VETS, policies, and practices to ensure PCYC compliance with federal, state, and local HR regulatory requirements.
- Exercise autonomy, independent judgment and decision-making, provide sound reasoning for recommendations, and balance information to resolve issues and mitigate risk for PCYC. Resolve complex problems and effectively communicate rationale with key stakeholders, while remaining sensitive to employee concerns and adapting to different, sometimes conflicting stakeholder needs.
- Continuously and proactively collaborate across the HR Function to ensure effective application of ER process and policy as well as address connections and implications in other HR processes within Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, and Talent Management.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to ensure professional service is provided at all times in accordance with the expectations and guidelines of PCYC policies and Ways We Work.
- Performs work with the highest degree of ethical integrity, honesty, and trust.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business, Employee Relations, or related field.
- Five (5) years of exempt-level experience in HR with three (3) + years of complex ER investigation and investigation report writing experience; preferably, in an Employee Relations or Business Partner position.
- Strong knowledge of ER regulations, policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Title VII, CA-FEHA, DLSE, and other related, California and federal employment and labor laws.
- Excellent organizational skills that include taking appropriate action to move open Employee Relations cases forward to resolution in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office - Windows environment.