CohBar, Inc. is a pre-clinical stage biotechnology company whose mission is to treat metabolic dysfunction and extend healthy life spans through the discovery of novel Mitochondrial Derived Peptides (MDPs) and their advancement and development into clinically relevant and commercially successful Mitochondria Based Therapeutics (MBTs). Supported by our portfolio of MDPs we are developing novel therapeutics for diseases of aging with underlying metabolic dysfunction including NAFLD/NASH, Type 2 diabetes, obesity, cancer, cardiovascular and neurodegenerative disorders.
Our Biology Department is searching for a talented and highly motivated individual to join our in vitro assay group as a Research Associate. This position will be an integral part of the CohBar research team, supporting research studies evaluating drug candidates derived from mitochondrial peptides. Flexibility and capacity to adapt to rapidly changing priorities, prompt and open communication, attention to detail, ability to anticipate and solve problems, and enthusiasm for science are key attributes in this dynamic early-stage company.
Job Description, Requirements and Preferred Qualifications/Experience
Provide cell culture and basic laboratory support for development of cell based models for analysis of biological pathways and studies to examine the activity of candidate drugs and reference compounds.
- Prior experience with the following preferred but not explicitly required:
- Experience in BSL-2 practices, cell culture, sterile technique, cell banking, mycoplasma testing, in vitro assay development, buffer and reagent preparation
- Experience performing assays in multi-well plates, medium-throughput formats
- Practical familiarity with ELISA, Western blotting, protein purification and basic biochemical techniques
- Proficiency in maintaining an accurate scientific notebook enabling other scientists to follow and reproduce results
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team and independently
- Experience with proper laboratory safety practices and guidelines
Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree 0-4 years of related research experience in industry or academic setting.
CohBar offers a dynamic, collaborative, scientifically challenging environment along with a competitive compensation package, including salary and benefits.
Interested applicants should provide a current CV and Cover Letter. Additional question can be directed to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject field please indicate your interest in position BIO4.