Senior Research Associate, Translational Research Cell Biology
This Research Associate/ Senior Research Associate will be part of a team responsible for translational research: connecting exploratory research with meaningful and actionable insights to drive drug development strategy.
- Cell based assays: Performing ELISA, MSD (Meso Scale Device), FACS staining, Cell culture on clinical and non-clinical (murine) samples to evaluate cytokine levels, immune cell markers in the serum, tissues and tumors, etc.
- Prepare single cell suspensions from frozen as well as fresh tumor, spleen samples.
- Assay development and troubleshooting of cell based assays using a systematic approach.
- Data analysis and reporting of the work in a comprehensive, concise and accurate reporting format.
- Present data and findings at lab and department meetings.
Experience and Skills required:
The qualified individual will possess a Bachelor's degree in Biology or relevant field (4-6 years of research experience) or a Master's degree in relevant field (3-4 years of experience in a core lab in academia or industry).
The candidate must have experience with:
- ELISA or MSD platform to perform serum or tissue based assays
- Graphpad Prizm, Excel, etc. data analysis and reporting
- FACS: hands-on experience in performing multiplex assay & subsequent data analysis with Flowjo, etc.
- Strong data analytics skills to perform analysis of generated data\
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work under deadlines
- Be a self-motivated, scientifically curious and productive player in an interdisciplinary team environment
Additional desirable skills:
- NGS data analysis/ bioinformatics
- Nanostring expression data analysis
Level commensurate with experience.
Being a member of the ARMO BioSciences team is a unique opportunity to make a difference in the life of patients suffering of grievous diseases. We demonstrate a strong sense of personal ownership in everything we do and as such expect honesty, integrity, passion and scientific excellence from our employees. ARMO BioSciences is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a workforce that respects individual skills and diversity and commitment to teamwork. We hire outstanding people and subscribe to a rigorous, fast-paced work ethic where the science leads the business.