Translational Research- Immunohistochemistry/ Histology
This Research Associate/ Senior Research Associate will be part of a team responsible for translational research: connecting exploratory research with meaningful and actionable insights to drive drug development strategy.
- Perform literature search, online search to select appropriate IHC reagents, detection systems for any marker of interest as determined by the needs of the project.
- Plan and test and optimize complex single and multiplex IHC staining protocols with chromogenic and fluorescent detections with markers of interest.
- Stain and evaluate clinical and non-clinical (murine) samples with optimized IHC protocols with precision.
- Evaluate stained samples under the microscope to analyze and quantify the staining results and document the findings in a comprehensive report.
- Perform manual and automated signal quantitation using available tools (metamorph, imageJ, etc) and capture images to document the findings.
- Perform tissue sectioning on FFPE and frozen tissues depending on the project needs.
Experience and Skills required:
The qualified individual will possess a Bachelor's degree in Biology or relevant field (4-6 years of hands-on experience in a core lab in academia or biotech) or a Master's degree in relevant field (2-4 years of hands-on experience in a core lab in academia or industry).
The candidate must have experience with:
- Immunohistochemistry: hands-on experience with new method development, troubleshooting, routine staining with single and multiplex methods.
- Using signal amplification methods and technologies available commercially.
- Manual and automated image analysis/ signal quantification on single and multiplexed slides with chromogenic or fluorescent labeling.
- Bright field and Fluorescent Microscopy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in GraphPad Prism or other analytics tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work under deadlines
- Be a self-motivated and productive player in an interdisciplinary team environment
Additional desirable skills:
- ELISA/ MSD (meso scale device) assays on serum or single cell suspensions
- NGS/ Sequiencing data analysis
- Nanostring expression data analysis
- Prepare single cell preps from animal or human tissue
- FACS staining with multiple markers
Level commensurate with experience.
Being a member of the ARMO BioSciences team is a unique opportunity to make a difference in the life of patients suffering of grievous diseases. We demonstrate a strong sense of personal ownership in everything we do and as such expect honesty, integrity, passion and scientific excellence from our employees. ARMO BioSciences is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a workforce that respects individual skills and diversity and commitment to teamwork. We hire outstanding people and subscribe to a rigorous, fast-paced work ethic where the science leads the business.