We are seeking an Executive Assistant to support the company’s CEO and other members of the Executive Team. This is your chance to add real value to an entrepreneurial organization that supports innovation and new ideas.
The ideal candidate has relative experience working with both the executive management team, and all functional departments, in a growing start-up environment.
- Be the face of the Company and Executive Team - answer general incoming phone calls and greet company visitors with a high level of professionalism.
- Plan and coordinate team meetings and other ad hoc team/company events (all hands meetings, other offsite and onsite meetings, telephone conferences, etc.)
- Oversee and respond to inquiries regarding executives’ schedules
- Coordinate internal staff meetings and calendars
- Maintain the company calendar
- Plan, organize and prepare for onsite and offsite meetings
- Coordinate Board of Director related events
- Draft and proofread letters and documents with minimal guidance, format templates, documents and presentations, etc.
- Maintain company databases as required
- Coordinate and manage executive team schedules and travel.
- Receive and process daily mail and packages
- Write memos and official internal and external correspondence
- Prepare Expense Reports
- Perform miscellaneous special projects for the CEO.
- 5 years progressive administrative support experience with a minimum of 3 years directly supporting C-suite executives
- Experience in the life sciences industry, pharmaceutical or biotechnology preferred
- Proven intermediate to advanced computer skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel and willing to learn new software and manage multiple platforms
- Ability to work independently and be flexible
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, exhibiting a professional, energetic, proactive and enthusiastic demeanor and attitude
- Excellent written skills, communication and listening skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Good problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to make suggestions to improve efficiencies;
- Able to handle confidential information with the utmost of discretion
- Proactive and able to anticipate the needs of the team and plan for upcoming events
- High attention to detail required, with a focus on ensuring deadlines are met and accurate records are kept
- Excellent judgment and composure
- Calm and collected under any stress or pressure; doesn't get easily flustered
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Prior experience in a startup is a big plus