Sr. Business Relationship Manager
Proactively seeks out strategic business opportunities with high-level business unit executives from one or more business areas. Provides advice, assistance and leadership in any area associated with the planning, procurement, provision, delivery, management, maintenance and effective business use of information systems for multiple business areas. Analyzes business processes; elicits, analyzes, and documents business requirements; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility and makes recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new or existing IT technology components. Translates business requirements into functional requirements; performs data and process modeling; manages change; and leads, coordinates / performs testing, verification, and validation of requirements. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Works with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and business drivers and business strategy across multiple business units; identifies and communicates resulting needs and opportunities for business process improvement that can be enabled via technology; investigates and understands capabilities of existing systems and technologies already in use across the business area and similar and interconnected business areas in AbbVie and investigates available technologies.
- Identifies information required to support the business strategy and leads the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy. Identifies, proposes, initiates and leads significant improvement programs across multiple business areas establishing requirements for the implementation of significant changes in business functions and processes, organizational roles and responsibilities and scope or nature of IT service.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative IT solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices . Proactively seeks out strategic business opportunities for the application of new or existing IT capabilities (across multiple business areas) with high-level business unit executives providing key opinion-leading clients with comprehensive strategic analyses and insights to help them discover strategic uses of IT products and services.
- Develops, leads, or reviews the creation of information systems strategy to support the strategic requirements of multiple business areas. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions. May prepare testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete.
- Conducts training. Makes recommendations to process stakeholders regarding the correct approach to achieve process improvement objectives. These may include business process outsourcing, application development or adopting business process management (BPM) practices.
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts. Manages relationships between clients involved and IT organizations to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring.
- Brokers services within IT community on behalf of customers; coordinates portfolio of solutions, and identifies interdependencies. Allies with other IT functional areas to remain current on project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keeps IT managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts. Identifies the impact of any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations on the organization's use of information.
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with all levels in Abbott ITorganization and with external partners. Acts as a liaison and business process expert to IT organizations to assure successful implementation. Serves as a source of information to the service organizations on the business drivers, processes and organization structure and dynamics of multiple business areas.
- Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed business process improvements and the technical solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made.
- Bachelors Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 7-10 years of related work experience.
- Exercises latitude in the approach to problem solving.
- Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than formal review by superiors.