Postgres Data Architect
ithin Amyris IT, we are seeking a highly energetic, organized, and experienced PostgreSQL Data Architect to work closely with our software and data science R&D teams to recommend database structures based on the data storage, retrieval, and analysis needs of each scientific department. The Data Architect will be responsible for strategically anticipating the changing data needs of the company and designing performant, scalable solutions. The successful candidate will also build and lead a small team to carry out all database administration responsibilities, which includes constantly monitoring our databases and promptly addressing current issues and problems.
- In close collaboration with data scientists and software engineers, develop a scalable data architecture for existing and new scientific information systems.
- Exercise strategic ownership of the entire lifecycle of database servers.
- Design data warehouses and OLTP systems. Develop requirements through strong working relationships with scientists and developers. Expose business logic currently embedded in SP to developers who will build replacement modules.
- Design solutions to meet DevOps, availability, and performance goals, and create project plans for implementations and upgrades.
- Implement approved solutions after studying and exercising designs in a test environment.
- Create outstanding & clear documentation.
- Hire and lead database administrators.
- Continually acquire and hone technical expertise through self-development of skills and knowledge.
- Serve as a thought leader at the interface of data, software, and IT.
- Superior knowledge and demonstrably deep technical expertise in PostgreSQL.
- At least 8 years working as a database architect in an enterprise environment.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong interpersonal & mentorship skills, including previous experience in a supervisory role with positive individual & team outcomes.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Lifelong learner.
- Follow a rigorous engineering approach, and avoid guesswork on production systems.
- Energetic, self-motivated, meticulous, resourceful, and able to work efficiently & productively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, with minimal direction.
Preferred, but not required
- 10+ years as a Data Architect in an enterprise or Internet environment.
- Advanced degree.
- Understanding of the particular features of scientific data that set it apart from data generated by other industries.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
For a full list of our current openings, please visit our website <http://www.amyris.com>.