Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Develops new components and device configurations. Makes improvements to the existing device design
- Provides guidance and oversees the manufacturing processes for device components and assembly at CMO’s
- Prepares and executes feasibility studies on new components.
- Conducts design reviews and follows device design control requirements during development and implementation of new designs
- Leads all Solid Works design activities
- Provides administrator role for CAD files in Solid Works PDM
- Previous medical device or pharmaceutical experience
- Familiarity with design control fundamentals
- Excellent interpersonal skills to allow effective participation in project teams.
- Self-motivated person with initiative to complete tasks independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with injection molding part design and manufacture
- Experience in equipment validation
- Experience designing and drafting with Solid Works
- Experience using Solid Works PDM or similar
- Desire to work in a hands-on environment
- The candidate must be a detail-oriented, fast troubleshooter and bring a positive, open minded attitude with a willingness to learn.
- Willingness to work in a clean room environment and interface with manufacturing personnel
Education: B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 7+ years’ experience designing equipment preferably in a GMP environment