Cell Culture Specialist
The Regenerative Medicine Laboratory at the Tisch MS Research Center of New York is seeking a Cell Culture Specialist for cGMP manufacturing of autologous human cell therapy products currently undergoing clinical trial testing to treat multiple sclerosis. The position represents an exciting opportunity to join the Tisch MS Research Center of New York, an independent, non-profit research center dedicated to finding the cause of and a cure for multiple sclerosis.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
· Perform all tasks associated with the sterile manufacture of autologous mesenchymal stem cell-derived clinical cell product following batch records and SOPs
· Strictly adhere to SOPs and cGMP regulations, and accurately complete documentation associated with clinical manufacturing
· Work as part of a small team to execute cGMP runs in close collaboration with QA and cell manufacturing managers.
· Assist in the development of SOPs, batch records, deviations and change controls
· Assist with development and implementation of analytical methods for QC
· Successfully troubleshoot
Education and Experience
· Requires bachelors degree and/or advanced degree in biological sciences
· Excellent aseptic technique required, with prior experience in cell culture and use of cell culture equipment
· 2 or more years of cGMP experience in the field of cell therapy is preferred
· Experience working in clean room environment or Biospherix isolator is preferred
· Exceptional organizational and time-management skills required. Candidate should be a detail-oriented individual with above average written and oral communication skills.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefitsin a pleasant and professional work environment. To apply, please e-mail a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and names of three references. Please specify “cell culture specialist application” in the subject line of the e-mail.