Scientist - ADHD
Akili is seeking an entrepreneurial team member for its ADHD group located in the Boston office. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in the design, development, and testing of Akili’s digital medicines in this therapeutic area and across the various programs and activities of the company. This individual will work with both the science/clinical and Program Leadership teams.
What it entails
- Participate with all other members of the ADHD team to the characterization of various cognitive impairments associated with immune disorders;
- Participate to the identification and the test of relevant clinical use cases in line with Akili’s existing and future technologies;
- Set up and manage connections and regular interactions with world renown scientific and clinical experts in the field of cognitive impairments related to ADHD;
- Work to expand the executive function portfolio of indications beyond pediatric ADHD;
- Develop scientific and competitive intelligence in the field of cognition and ADHD;
- Lead sourcing, identification, and diligence of new technologies that target novel neural mechanisms and align with the company’s market strategy;
- Guide scientific mechanic integration, feasibility testing, and clinical testing of new prototypes;
- Participate in design and data analysis of clinical trials;
- Collaberate with product and design teams to determine clinical impact of new features and solutions;
- Be a core part of a high-energy team focused on delivering a new paradigm in mobile health.
What you need
- A PhD in a relevant field, including cognitive or affective neuroscience or clinical psychology or psychiatry;
- Expertise in designing experiments and analyzing study results;
- In-depth understanding and passion for neural mechanisms underlying disorders or therapeutic approaches;
- Demonstrated interest in non-invasive technologies;
- Work experience with pediatric population and post-graduation is a significant plus ideally in a clinical context.
Akili - The company
Akili Interactive (www.akiliinteractive.com) is creating an entirely new class of medicine that combines rigorous scientific validation with engaging video game mechanics.
We are pioneering the field of digital therapeutics, creating, producing, and validating digital medicines designed to directly treat disease. Akili's flagship product, Project: EVO, is based on technology developed at UCSF that was featured as the cover article in Nature under the headline "Game Changer".
Akili was founded by leading neuroscientists and top-tier game design veterans to create gaming experiences that are designed to have measurable health impacts in multiple patient populations. Akili has partnerships with top pharmaceutical companies, and has received recent recognition in major media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Fast Company, and The Verge.