Director of Patient Support Services
Our first product to market will be our groundbreaking Digital Therapeutic with supporting web and mobile applications for inattention in ADHD. The Director, Patient Support Services will be responsible for the definition and ongoing leadership of the patients/caregivers and customers journey from initial engagement through onboarding as they initiate therapy and beyond.
At Akili we like to say ‘the patient is always at the table’. The Director, Patient Support Services will be an advocate for patients/caregivers and customers. They will work collaboratively with the patient/caregiver, customer journey team to ensure all patient/caregiver and customer touch points across the company provide a warm connection and a long-lasting, favorable relationship.
Here's what it entails
Responsibilities in this position will change as we move to commercial launch of our initial solution and scale the organization. This is an opportunity to join a small company and be part of defining the patient/caregiver and customer journey from the beginning, including leading the operational teams to execute and implement on that journey. The successful candidate will be passionate about patient experience and understand how to put the right people, processes and technologies in place and then monitor, manage and continuously improve -- always maintaining a high patient/caregiver, customer satisfaction rating.
In your first 120 days at Akili the focus will be on the design, build and implementation of the people, processes and systems to support a rewarding, delightful and engaging experience for our patients/caregivers and customers. Key responsibilities include:
- Define and optimize the customer lifecycle and patient journey as part of our go-to-market strategies
- Bring an operational perspective to the patient/caregiver, customer journey team (Marketing, Trade and Product) that you will be a member of to ensure all Akili patient touch points provide a warm connection
- Deliver WOW moments as early as possible in the patient/caregiver, customer journey
- Identify and lead (partnering with IT and engineering) the implementation of the technology and workflows necessary to support our customers at launch with future scalability in mind
- Enhance effectiveness and efficiency through technology support systems and customer marketing software
- Partner with Trade and Market Access to ensure external vendor touchpoints and systems align with internal Akili workflows, processes, support policies and SLAs
- Create budget, hiring plans and processes for all service and support functions including the troubleshooting of product issues
- Partner with Regulatory QA to ensure we have plans in place to support clinical issues including medication information communication, adverse event reporting and FDA complaints
In your 120+ days at Akili -- as we begin to acquire customers -- you will lead and grow the Patient Support & Services Team to align with the business and its growth. Focus will be on monitoring, measuring and making changes to ensure we consistently provide a wonderful patient/caregiver and customer experience across all of Akili. In addition your time will be spent on gaining a deep understanding of our customers and championing their needs to all of Akili -- helping to create a company-wide culture of patient advocacy. Key responsibilities will be:
- Identify and execute on initiatives across Akili that educate employees on our patient populations and their care teams
- Manage Patient Support & Service activities such as onboarding, training / education, customer support, renewals, and patient advocacy
- Measure effectiveness of patient experience by defining and executing on operational metrics; communicate metrics to executive team and company to influence short-term actions and long-term strategic planning
- Create and communicate escalation paths for customer issues, including creation and maintenance of a support knowledgebase
- Collaborate closely with product management, sales and marketing teams to cycle patient/customer feedback into the software development process and external communications and company brand
- Partner with marketing to support advocacy and building relationships with parents and parent groups (like CHADD)
Here's what you need
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline, advanced degree highly desirable
- 5-7 years building and leading patient/customer experience organizations
- Outstanding customer relationship, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Proven experience identifying key “WOW moments” for patients and care teams and implementing workflows and technologies to enable a warm connection
- Strong analytical skills with the proven ability to make data driven decisions
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Experience in achieving high customer/patient satisfaction in healthcare organizations
- Effective communication with all levels of team, leadership and stakeholders
- 20-30% domestic travel
Akili - The company
Akili Interactive (www.akiliinteractive.com) is creating an entirely new class of medicine that combines rigorous scientific validation with engaging video game mechanics.
We are pioneering the field of digital therapeutics, creating, producing, and validating digital medicines designed to directly treat disease. Akili's flagship product, Project: EVO, is based on technology developed at UCSF that was featured as the cover article in Nature under the headline "Game Changer".
Akili was founded by leading neuroscientists and top-tier game design veterans to create gaming experiences that are designed to have measurable health impacts in multiple patient populations. Akili has partnerships with top pharmaceutical companies, and has received recent recognition in major media outlets including the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Fast Company, and The Verge.