Temp- Medical Education Therapeutic Area Manager
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The, Medical Education Therapeutic Area Manager will have responsibility for the successful development and management of the assigned US and Global Medical Education Grants Program supporting medical strategy development and delivery of impactful medical education that enhances patient care by improving physician and allied health professional's ability to manage disease. Primary responsibility is to provide strategic guidance for medical education initiatives and oversee and manage incoming medical education grant requests for assigned Regeneron therapeutic areas. Position will report to the Senior Director, Medical Education.
- Communicate with stakeholders across all levels of the Company and Alliance partner – e.g.:
- Create and distribute regular medical education initiative reporting and analyses including program overview and reported outcomes
- Participate in intra-company educational sessions regarding CME as necessary
- Assist in preparing analysis and written reports/trackers to ensure key stakeholders are updated on educational grants status and activities.
- Ensure overall compliance and quality of medical education programs for the assigned therapeutic areas; working collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently with all internal and external customers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Effectively evaluate all grant requests and provide compelling recommendations for approval/denial based on strategic and compliance considerations.
- Lead and work cross-functionally with internal and external colleagues, including legal, compliance, finance, accounts payable, clinical development, RSMs, medical, and with alliance partners, etc.
- Provide timely responses to multiple stakeholders and adhere to established policies, procedures, processes, and systems.
- When required, effectively lead multiple cross-functional TAGC's (Therapeutic Area Grants Committee's) for the assigned therapeutic areas, using effective written and verbal communication, facilitating constructive discussion to enable decision-making, and building collaborative relationships with committee members
- Bring in-depth technical expertise, skills, and abilities which includes in-depth knowledge of the relevant disease state(s), to the development of Regeneron's position, strategy, and communication regarding its commitment to independent medical education
- Actively contribute to the development/implementation of annual strategic plan for medical education initiatives in assigned therapeutic areas in collaboration with internal stakeholders and Alliance partners
- Coordinate the development and ongoing maintenance of clear criteria to assess medical education providers and their grant applications in a consistent and compliant manner
- Maintain regular and appropriate contact with outside stakeholders to ensure he/she stays abreast of external developments. These may include medical education providers, institutions, etc.
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate operational efficiency and workflow of assigned personnel; work with Director, Medical Education to train, supervise, and formally evaluate the professional performance of the assigned staff
Compliance, Knowledge, and Skills
- Ensure compliance with all laws, regulations, and policies; utilize only approved resources to meet goals. Accountable for knowledge of all relevant policies and application of compliance
- Does not compromise ethics or integrity, or undertake legal risks while pursuing business goals
- Demonstrates leadership among peers by consistent application and modeling of the appropriate compliance, behavior, and conduct
Planning and Development
- Stays current regarding external environment: industry and market trends, regulatory developments, state-of-the-art medical education methodologies, as well as adult learning principles and methodologies. Apply this knowledge in the planning, development, management, and oversight of medical education grants and programs for the assigned therapeutic areas.
- Participate in relevant scientific congresses and conferences to stay current with medical education trends and assess medical education program quality.
- Works with Director, Medical Education and other team members and cross-functional partners to periodically review Regeneron's position, strategy, and communication regarding its commitments to independent medical education
- Uses in-depth expertise of IME and the assigned therapeutic areas to make recommendations for Regeneron's position, strategy, and communication
- Participates in the development and ongoing maintenance of criteria used to assess appropriate IME providers, such as academic institutions, hospitals, professional societies, medical education companies, etc.
- Ensures Strategic and Tactical medical education plans relevant to assigned therapeutic areas
- Partners with Legal, Regulatory, Compliance, Finance, Commercial Operations, among others to regularly review and contribute to any updates to Regeneron's policies and procedures regarding IME
- Develops appropriate and fully compliant communication streams for medical education providers regarding Regeneron's position and commitment to independent medical education
- Works with Director and other internal partners/stakeholders to develop, review, and obtain approval for the Medical Education budget applicable to his/her assigned therapeutic areas
- Completes special projects such as conducting IME provider surveys, enhancing TAGC processes, researching and communicating innovative approaches to medical education, etc.
Management and Operations
- Develop/Oversee/Review status reports on grants status and ad hoc reports, as needed, to internal colleagues in conjunction with medical education colleagues and support personnel
- Ensures regular, timely, and thorough communication with key internal and external customers and stakeholders; includes regular stakeholder communication on medical education policies and procedures
- For the assigned therapeutic areas, manages and evaluates all incoming grant requests and assesses for appropriateness and compliance with Regeneron criteria, policies, and procedures
- Continuously evaluates effectiveness of medical education programs for assigned therapeutic areas helping to ensure compliance with governing laws, regulations, and Regeneron policies and procedures
- Completes other administration, as and when assigned
- Ensures cross-functional training on medical education related matters and topics
Experience and Required Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree, Advanced Degree a plus
- 5 years of Pharmaceutical and/or Agency/Medical Education Company experience
- Experience in CME, knowledge of educational design, principles of adult learning and outcomes methodology
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and work cross-functionally in a matrix organization and with corporate partner(s) to ensure that all business needs are met
- Ability to develop comprehensive and integrated medical educational plan that meets business objectives and successfully disseminates corporate sponsored clinical study data to address education needs and improve patient care
- Strong clinical knowledge in applicable therapeutic area(s), or ability to gain therapeutic knowledge quickly
- Experience in managing vendors and organizing medical education tactics including live events, publications and other enduring media
- Prior experience developing and managing budgets and timelines
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to build successful relationships with key medical leaders and internal colleagues
- Experience with Alliance partner(s) a plus
- Self-motivated, flexible, with strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Understanding of medical and regulatory affairs, drug development, FDA and regulatory guidelines (i.e., PhRMA guidelines, OIG, AMA, ACCME, Sunshine Act, etc.)
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 12301BR