Purification Development Co-op, Fall 2018
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
These positions are in Purification Development within Preclinical Manufacturing and Process Development in Tarrytown, NY. These positions are for Fall 2018 (full time, from August to December 2018). Each opening is described below.
Position 1: The student will work upon a specific development project that will be attempting to improve our platform process for the purification of monoclonal antibodies from mammalian cell culture. The project will focus upon the initial downstream process steps of cell removal and mAb capture.
Position 2: The student will support daily activities of designing clinical and commercial purification processes for promising antibody treatments in addition to supporting technology development. Responsibilities:
• Assist in reagent molecule purification and gain experience in operation of membrane unit operations and AKTA liquid chromatography handling systems.
• Assist with clinical and commercial purification process development and gain experience in membrane systems, antibody fundamentals, risk management, among others.
• Assist with purification department raw material inventory management and stocking.
• Independent research project to support technology development.
• Assist in daily lab operation to ensure proper maintenance of equipment and availability of buffers.
• Work under mentorship of a process development engineer.
Start building your skills at Regeneron.
• Must be an undergraduate student, prefer rising junior or above
• Must be pursuing a degree in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biology, or related fields with an interest in the biopharmaceutical industry
• Academic research or industry experience in a laboratory setting for >0.5yrs, pipetting, buffer preparation, good attention to detail, and the ability to balance multiple concurrent projects
General Intern/Co-op Program Information:
• Must be enrolled in, or accepted to, an academic program pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, PhD or PharmD
• Program is full-time (~40 hrs/wk) and is paid
• Prefer demonstrated leadership in areas such as campus activities, clubs, sports or the community
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• You will work with a specific manager on a project(s)
• Enjoy weekly 1 hour Intern Program events: learn about other areas of the company from VPs and other employees, soft skills workshops, networking, volunteering, and more!
• Present to your team on your summer project
Transportation and Housing:
• A free shuttle is offered from the North White Plains or Tarrytown train stations to the Tarrytown campus
• Get to know other incoming Interns on our closed LinkedIn page when you accept an offer
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 10659BR