Associate Manager, EHS
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Under the limited supervision of the Associate Director, EHS works on EHS issues of moderate to complex scope in which analysis of situation or data requires review of regulations and standard industry practices. Acts as advisor to end-users, becomes actively involved as required to meet schedules or resolve problems. Supervises direct reports to address departmental and organizational goals. Applies technical expertise. Sometimes contributes to the development of new approaches, programs, techniques and standards. Develops direct reports.
• Works independently and under the direction of the Associate Director, EHS to implement various environmental health and safety programs and initiatives.
• Supervises, mentors, develops and prioritizes tasks for EHS staff.
• Recognizes and addresses regulatory issues with limited supervisory input.
• Implements environmental and safety management systems and emergency response programs. Works with Facilities Emergency Manager, Security, Landlord and external responders to coordinate and support emergency response
• Supervises routine surveys and audits of laboratory, support and waste areas.
• Implements the Regeneron EHS training program.
• Implements with direct reports ergonomic assessments and makes recommendations.
• Responsible for accident rate remediation. Completes accident reports, conducts accident investigations and investigates trends and adjusts department responses accordingly.
• Supports regular inventory of hazardous chemicals and radioactive materials to ensure strict compliance with regulations
• Manages the Regeneron material safety data sheet library and intranet site.
• Provide EHS-related requirements and recommendations during planning, design and construction during construction and renovation projects.
This is a professional position with supervisory responsibility. Functions as a consultant to end-users regarding tasks and projects. Involved in daily operational activities of the department and those of supported department. Direct supervisor of exempt Professionals or non-exempt employees. Accomplish tasks through own work as well as through direct reports.
Frequently interacts with end users, direct reports, and various management levels including senior management. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical EHS information concerning specific projects or schedules. Interacts with external entities and regulatory agencies.
Requires minimum BA/BS degree. MS in a related field or science is preferred.
6-8+ years of progressive industry related experience.
CSP or related certification is a plus
This position will require the individual to pass a physical before beginning employment.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 9838BR