Director/Senior Director, Strategic Alliances
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Director/Senior Director, Strategic Alliances reports directly to the Vice President, Strategic Alliances and will be based in Tarrytown, NY. The Director/Senior Director, Strategic Alliances is expected to provide the leadership, intellectual impetus, and strategic direction to achieve Regeneron's goals for its significant collaborations. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, with a scientific background or related experience and can combine science and business strategy to develop substantial agreements.
• Responsible for aligning discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization activities for the collaboration programs.
• Lead strategic discussions pertaining to partnership matters and potential collaboration amendments.
• Participate as an active member of business development deal teams as collaborations are structured, negotiated and executed.
• Represent Regeneron's interests and provide a single-point of communication for seeking internal and external consensus to ensure collaboration objectives are met all while maintaining a collaborative working relationship both with internal stakeholders and alliance committees.
• Identify, address and resolve any issues related to collaboration activities to keep the portfolio progressing and timelines on track.
• Work closely with the legal and finance groups on collaboration matters, provide guidance regarding the letter and spirit of collaboration agreements to internal teams.
• Graduate degree in a science-related field is required (PhD/MD/MBA/JD).
• Minimum of 10 years with increasing responsibility in the healthcare or biotech industry
• Sophisticated business acumen and understanding of all key areas of the drug development process: discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialization.
• Superior negotiation skills that drive successful partnerships; candidates should demonstrate a strong track record of sourcing, structuring, negotiating and implementing complex licenses and collaboration agreements. (Please provide deal sheet.)
• Experience with managing multiple projects with the ability to deliver high quality results in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
• Effective team player and excellent communicator with an ability to interact with and influence senior level stakeholders both inside and outside Regeneron.
• Ability to work successfully within a dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Demonstrate energy, drive, passion, creativity and commitment.
• The ideal candidate will have a polished, executive presence and a proactive, hands-on approach that upholds the company core values and highest ethical standards.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 9433BR