Senior Manager/Associate Director, Publications Management
This position will require working with company scientists and other internal stakeholders, external scientists, study investigators and authors, and medical communication agencies in leading cross-functional publication teams for one or more therapeutic areas for the development of scientific publication plans and their execution (by preparing and submitting research manuscripts and conference presentations).
• Will lead both an internal cross-functional publication team and a joint (with our partner company) publication team to develop, manage and execute the publication plan of one or more therapeutic areas. This will involve the timely and efficient development and submission of clinical manuscripts, abstracts, and scientific meeting presentations, all in partnership with company teams and external collaborators, scientists, and medical experts.
• As needed, will edit, write, and submit manuscripts, abstracts, posters on behalf of authors. Will guide and oversee publication vendors, contract writers and editors, and will draft budgets. Will travel to scientific conferences as needed.
• Post-graduate degree is required: MS, PharmD, or PhD
• At least 6 years in medical communications or publications management, of which 2-3 years must have been spent in independently leading cross-functional publication teams to develop and execute therapeutic area-specific strategic and tactical publication plans. Some or all of this experience MUST be from a pharmaceutical company; additional experience in a medical communication agency is a plus.
• Must quickly develop a firm scientific understanding of the therapeutic area(s) covered; additionally, should possess an understanding of clinical study design, statistics, and pharmaceutical research and development. In this regard, must be familiar with clinical study reports and statistical analysis plans.
• Must have created and updated publication plans and provided summary reports to stakeholders. Should be able to edit, write, and submit manuscripts, abstracts, posters on behalf of authors. Should be able to guide and oversee publication vendors, contract writers and editors, and be familiar with drafting publication budgets. Prior use of publication software (e.g., Datavision) would be helpful.
• Excellent knowledge of and compliance with Good publication practices, ICMJE guidelines, CONSORT, Sunshine Act, etc. are needed.
• Strong project management skills, with demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects efficiently and in a timely manner, are important. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Additionally, exemplary professional interaction with internal stakeholders and external authors is expected.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 10312BR