Director, Patient & Provider Access Services - Inflammation
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
This individual will develop and maintain a high-level of collaboration and integration with all cross-functional Regeneron and Alliance staff, including Field Teams, Brand Marketing, Training, Market Access, Trade, Reimbursement, and Market Research. The position is based out of Tarrytown, New York and requires a highly motivated individual that is able to work cross-functionally in order to accomplish objectives.
By executing the following duties, help ensure best in class support to health care providers and patients in accessing medically necessary treatments, understanding injection procedures, complying and adhering to prescribed treatment regimens, and minimizing reimbursement obstacles that may impede treatment access:
• Drive the development, coordination and implementation of all initiatives relative to patient and physician service operations, reimbursement and patient support programs that align to Brand-related strategic objectives. This includes initiatives related to streamlining and automating the patient onboarding and adherence journey.
• Single-point-of-contact for the Business Unit (BU) / brand team: providing both strategic and operational leadership for the design and delivery of PSP.
• Lead all elements and coordination of services deployed across the end to end process and across all stakeholders.
• Accountable for developing, maintaining, strong and productive relationships with all cross-functional stakeholders.
• Ensure impact, quality and performance of PSP operations.
• Drive clearly evident brand value through enhancement and innovation of the patient and provider experience.
• Ensure that the PPS role in the Business Unit /brand strategy is valued and recognized.
• Member of the core BU/Brand leadership team responsible for setting PSP strategy, providing insights, and accountable for delivering agreed upon KPIs (like conversion, adherence and customer satisfaction.)
• Develop and implement impactful engagement strategies and services programs in partnership with the brand/BU.
• Track performance of all programs and services to ensure visibility and effectiveness.
• Translate BU strategies into actionable PPS programs.
• Lead team cross-functional PPS matrix team members deliver integrated PPS strategies and execution for specific BU/brand.
• Track, manage and optimize the overall patient / provider/prescription journey with cross-functional partners.
• Drive analytics to focus spend and programs on most impactful activities.
• Drive lifecycle-dependent brand initiatives / operations regarding PPS.
• Assess and monitor competitive landscape programs.
The candidate must demonstrate cross-functional leadership through the execution of complex and innovative project management. Other critical success factors include:
• Confidence and ability to collaborate with senior executives in support of key initiatives.
• Proactively and independently prioritize requests and business needs.
• Ability to facilitate cross-functional collaboration (e.g. Alliance partners, Market Access Leads, Marketing, Sales Analytics, HR, Compliance, Legal, etc.).
• Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills. This includes demonstrating an understanding of how to escalate issues/concerns, and effectively communicate with others, especially those in other functional areas.
• Strong consulting, meeting management and group process facilitation skills are required to achieve pre-defined objectives.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to influence / lobby internal and affiliate decision-makers.
• Experience in specialty products and specialty product launches required.
• Ten or more years working for a pharmaceutical manufacturer with at least three years in a leadership capacity. Previous experience in working on or managing a reimbursement or patient services program is a must. Preferred areas of experience include field sales, reimbursement or managed care account management, managed markets marketing experience, or brand marketing.
• Co-promotion experience preferred.
• Successful candidates will have a strong patient focus and an understanding of patient access services.
• Knowledge of Part B and D biologics marketplace.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects within specified timelines and quality standards, and have excellent public presentation skills, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the U.S. healthcare systems, including expertise in health care reimbursement policies related to the pharmaceutical industry, with application in a wide array of clinical settings and reimbursement strategies in all market segments.
• Clear understanding of the implications of payer and reimbursement policy impact on prescriber and patient behaviors as well as sales force activity.
• Must be an ethical, team player and have the ability to work in a cross-functional team environment - contributing creative ideas and positive energy to the group.
• Must be willing to travel up to 30%
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 11967BR