Program Manager/ Sr. Program Manager
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Using prior program management knowledge and experience in the drug development industry, the Manager/Sr. mgr Development PSO provides operational guidance to a project team and drives the assigned projects or programs to completion. Plans and manages project/program activities including the development and monitoring of budgets and timelines. Nurtures productive relationships with internal and external customers. Ensures quality and timeliness of deliverables for the program are met. Initiates and coordinates the decision-making and risk-management process. Trouble shoots and is proactive in dealing with vendor / collaborator issues.
Essential Functions - Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Teams: Functions as an advisor to cross functional teams and manages the deliverables in a matrix organization in order to plan and execute the development strategy for the assigned projects / programs. Drives the project / program's evolution through completion within timeline, quality and budgetary constraints.
• Planning and Tracking: Facilitates the development of the integrated project / program plans relevant to the team deliverables and ensures alignment across relevant functions and smooth transitions among pipeline stages. Supports annual goal setting sessions to develop project / program level goals that contribute to the overall goals or Regeneron and for monitoring progress against these goals. Facilitates contingency and risk mitigation planning. Budgets and Timelines: Oversees, where appropriate, the development of the integrated project / program budgets, forecasts and timelines and is accountable to monitor progress against the approved baselines.
• Collaborations: Manages the project / program interactions and deliverables between Regeneron and our corporate partners (where applicable), including the coordination of activities for writing and negotiating development plans and status reports, data summaries or presentations for joint collaboration meetings, budget approvals, etc.
• Information: Supports the development and accuracy of the server environment for key deliverables and project / program dossiers. Identifies and implements new solutions to improve tracking, planning and collaboration.
• Communication: Requires the ability to gain cooperation of others and effectively facilitates cross-functional meetings/discussions. Ensures effective, accurate and timely communication across functional areas within the project / program, serving as a primary point of contact for management within and outside the team regarding progress on project / program goals. Works with the team leader to identify and resolve any team and individual performance issues.
• Process Improvement: Identifies opportunities for standardization of processes and working / best practices and recommends a plan for implementation.
• Problem Solving: Proactively identifies issues and provides general guidance on resolving project / program challenges by developing solutions to meet productivity and quality goals and objectives.
Nature and Scope
• Works independently with general / limited guidance from a supervisor or team leader.
• Works cross-functionally in a matrix organization and supports the high-level operational plan.
• Regularly interacts with Sr. Management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas. Exercises judgment and exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the project / program. Represents the department in relevant internal / external committees.
• Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a significant effect on the administration of the project or the program and cause serious delays in schedules.
Knowledge and Skills
• Experience, knowledge and a track record in program management in the drug development / pharmaceutical industry in matrix environment.
• Applies technical expertise and often contributes to the development of concepts, techniques and standards.
• Core competencies: Requires excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels both within and outside the company in order to establish credibility with professionals on the project teams. Understands and listens to team members and fosters a productive team environment. Encourages constructive interactions among team members in order to address difficult situations. Resolves and negotiates conflicts or problems with tact, diplomacy and composure. Handles multiple projects and priorities with exceptional organizational and time management skills (both project and self)
• Proficient in advanced techniques with relevant software: MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. in addition to experience working within shared work environments.
Typically reports to Associate Director / Director
Education and Experience
BS / MS with a minimum of 5 years of relevant progressive project / program management experience in the drug development / pharmaceutical industry. Advanced degree (eg. PhD, MS plus MBA) preferred.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 12357BR