Director of Information Technology (IT)
At Vir Biotechnology (Vir) we seek a highly motivated and experienced leader for our Director of Information Technology. We are a relatively new, fast paced startup, scaling rapidly with operations across three sites including Switzerland, and with partners around the globe. You will lead the growth of an IT environment that will provide the right infrastructure and support for collaboration and innovation. You will manage a team of IT staff along with external vendors to acquire, integrate and support IT solutions for Vir.
- Create a secure, scalable, integrated infrastructure, primarily cloud-based, to support Vir’s growing needs.
- Lead an IT team of diverse expertise and background, including contractors, to provide optimal capabilities and support to internal customers.
- Manage helpdesk operations to provide timely IT support to Vir staff.
- Collaborate with company leaders to create an IT strategy and roadmap to guide staffing, infrastructure, security, and technology acquisition.
- Create and maintain IT policies, procedures, and systems to ensure regulatory, compliance, and quality needs are met.
- Create an information security program to protect privacy and confidentiality of Vir’s data. Network within the IT community to identify new technologies, techniques, and people to support Vir’s mission.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years’ experience in IT operations with 5+ years managing an IT team.
- At least 3 years in IT inside a biotech/pharmaceutical company, including supporting lab operations.
- Experience in architecting, building, and supporting IT systems and services for a growing company.
- Experience with cloud-based systems including SaaS and PaaS environments.
- Strong focus on integrating information security into all aspects of IT operations.
- Experience with operating an environment with validated systems, collaborating with regulatory and quality groups to set up and maintain validated environments. Experience with SOX compliance a plus.
- Experience with operating an IT support organization, with proven ability to deliver strong customer service.
- Ability to operate independently, manage multiple simultaneous projects, and bring projects to a successful, timely completion.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and an ability to communicate with a cross-functional audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related computer-oriented discipline.